News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed get TV coverage from Pueblo

Started by Johnnyappleseed, March 24, 2014, 01:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

TaosGlock

Liked and shared on my FB page! :~
Thanks Kim and Jim and the CO crew! :bow: O0

Gunz in the publik skools, now  that is "hope and change"! :---
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Prone to Knit

Johnnyappleseed, we have put up all the links on the AAR page.  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=40110.0;topicseen#lastPost

As more come in, I'm putting them on the original post to make tracking easier.

And for the record, the video of the kids on the line was a posed shot so not all have ear protection. We were partially through our safety talk. All the rifles had been checked for safe. We rounded up safety glasses quickly and plopped the kids down for a staged shot. The camera crew couldn't wait around long enough for real shooting as they had to get back to the station to get the story on at noon.

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

chloie

I'm going today! Super excited :)  ^:)^  :--- I'm actually enjoying history!!!!!
I don't know good quotes :p

oneshot_onehole

Chloie,
You dug deep to find this thread from last year. Just to let everyone else know, we finished this year's shoot (our second) today with two days in the class room and a day at the range with over thirty students as part of their school day.  It doesn't surprise me that Chloie tracked us down. She's a sharp one. Kim and I will be back down to Craver Middle School so we will see you again tomorrow, Chloie. (you spell your name funny).
Kim will post a proper AAR soon.
Jim

oneshot_onehole

We are still working this event today and Kim will post later with more details. For now here is a link to KOAA  channel 5's facebook page about this shoot. Over 4000 likes so far and I don't even know what a like is.

Spread the word to other forums if you want. You can also leave a comment.

https://www.facebook.com/KOAA/photos/a.114239518938.120114.114200373938/10153252804948939/?type=1&fref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/KOAA/photos/a.114239518938.120114.114200373938/10153252023368939/?type=1

Jim

PaleRider

Cam & Company/NRA News aired this today. Cam further said that there will be more tomorrow on Project Appleseed. If you have DirecTV and channel 605, record it tomorrow if you can't see it. No guarantees, just telling you what he said on today's broadcast.
PR
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

oneshot_onehole

For those interested in what we did at Craver Middle School this week I will be interviewed on Cam and Co NRA News at 3:25 Mountain.

ETA I'm told the time might be wrong.
Jim