News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ariel, WA August 29-30 AAR

Started by janer, September 01, 2015, 11:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janer

In spite of a forecast for wind and rain, 8 shooters made their way to Wolverton Mountain Gun Club Saturday and Sunday for some history and marksmanship.  The rain did not dampen the enthusiasm of this group.  They all had teachable attitudes and were great to work with.

Many thanks to David G. and Spencer, WMGC club members who arrived early to open the gate and help us set up.

Congratulations to repeat Rifleman Spencer (age 17) who proved he knows what he's about by re-qualifying at least 4 times over the week end. (I may have lost count).  Oh, he's also stepped up to take an orange hat. Huzzah!

Congratulations to new Riflemen:
Laurel, scored 229,
Craig, with 221,
David Y. with 216, and
Anthony with 227.
Outstanding!

Each of them repeated or improved on those scores at least once more during the weekend.  Some of those AQTs we were scoring were pretty soaked Sunday afternoon.

Chris, shooting a bolt action is knocking at the door with a high score of 203.

Maureen, with a tube fed, even with some equipment issues still turned some good scores.

David G. also knocking, consistently turned in scores in the Sharpshooter range.

A huge "Thank you" also to all the guys who helped us take down and clean up.
I hope to work with you all again.

More photos here:  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10206433770861539.1073741833.1186880046&type=1&l=58c7140546

Flipper has the Riflemen pictures to post.

Prescott

Congratulation to our 3 new rifleman and the 3 rifleman that were able to shoot re-qualification scores.

All of the participants were very skilled shooters, and we thought that we might actually have a shoot in which 100% of the participants would earn their rifleman patches.   We were worried that we might run out of patches!

This was a gratifying event, as all the shooters listened to the instruction and put it to work on the line.   They were also receptive to the message of AS and Were very attentive during the history presentations.   

I would like to thank David and Spencer for stepping up and accepting the Orange Hat.   AS can only continue to grow as we continue to add new instuctors to the NW.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Kimber Custom

Well I thought I had to work this weekend but turned out I was wrong. Since Flipper, Janer and Prescott had it covered; I brought a rifle  O0

I shot my personal best AQTs (240 & 241) and had some fun shooting redcoats standing (qualified at 300 and got the head shot).

Congratulations to the know riflemen. Oh and I believe Laurel shot a 231 on Sunday.