News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle Creek (DRRC) June 6/7 - AAR

Started by whit, June 03, 2015, 12:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whit

Looking forward to this weekend.  Weather is going to be HOT.

See you all on Saturday morning.

Whit

Kimber Custom

Well, it was hot. Now that the obvious is out of the way; thanks to all who persevered. 30 shooters on Saturday, 9 youth, 6 or 7 center fires, 3 riflemen, 1 new red hat and a new green hat. Epic

It was awful noisy Saturday with 50 USPSA shooters on the next range over.

Quite a few camera shy shooters so I didn't take many pictures.

kenjo

Huzzah! Congratulations Whit! Well deserved.
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

kenjo

"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

Kimber Custom

Funny you should ask - congratulations Flipper on making full instructor. You make your dad very proud.

Prescott

Wow! The heat was on this weekend.   The temperatures were in the low 90s on both days this weekend which is very unusual for early June in the Pacific NW.   While we have had an unusually dry and warm spring, I do not think anyone was prepared for extent of the heat this weekend.  The event at DRRC was on the uncovered dynamic range, but most of the participants brought pop-up canopies, so we did have an area of shade to retreat under.

The shooters at DRRC this weekend did a great job in maintaining their commitment to marksmanship and the majority of the participants lasted through the whole weekend.  The AQT scores peaked around noon on Sunday, but a couple more were shot in the afternoon, as well as the KD activity.

Congratulations to the three new Rifleman; Jess, Martin and Norm.   You guys really showed the characteristics of a Rifleman is your persistence to shoot through the whole weekend.   Now you that have shot your 25 meter Rifleman score, I am looking forward to seeing you at the July 16th KD event, so you can earn you KD Rifleman patch as well.

We had a lot of other shooters that were showing great improvement in their marksmanship skills.  Remember to dry fire practice on the comfort of your living room floor.   Follow the advice in the hand outs that were emailed to you, and stretch out and get used the steady hold factors in each position.  We are looking forward to seeing you again at another AS event.

As I mentioned at the end of the day yesterday, this was a very special event for the instructors in the NW.   Congratulation need to be extended to Whit for completing his Shoot Boss in Training program and has become the second Green Hat in Oregon.  I also need to congratulate Flipper on earning her Red Hat! Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah!  She has worked hard of the last three years to earn the Red Hat, and has become a great instructor.   She is an huge asset to the instructor corp in the NW, for both her enthusiasm her ability to inspire other people to strive to earn their Rifleman patches.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

JohnD

Hi Flipper, congrats on the Red Hat--well deserved! I appreciated your support when working to achieve Rifleman.

Cheers1
Johnd