News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Crawfordsville July 11-12

Started by gopher, July 08, 2015, 02:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gopher

Can anyone fill me in on what is going on with Appleseed events/instructors in Indiana? I'm considering signing up for the Crawfordsville event this weekend (July 11-12) which lists ATM as the shoot boss. However, some odd things make me wonder if this event is actually going to occur:

1) there are still 19 spots available for the event (I'm a little new to Appleseed, but that seems WAY out of line for just days before the event)
2) ATM is listed as an "Inactive Instructor" on the forums (if he's "inactive" how is he running this event?)
3) TJ Kackowski and Brian Heeter (who both ran the Indy event in May that I attended) are now also listed as "Inactive Instructors". TJ had just taken over running all of Indiana I believe and now he is "inactive"???
4) the "What happened to all the Indiana instructors?" thread (http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=45801.0) also doesn't provide much clarity on what is going on

If someone could provide some clarity regarding what is happening it would be appreciated. Perhaps I'm reading too much into this or seeing things that simply aren't there -- feel free to let me know if that is the case also.

Finally, is the July 11-12 Crawfordsville event still on?

Thanks!
1st Appleseed -- Indianapolis, 4/4/2015
Rifleman -- Indianapolis, 4/4/2015

Hop

The event is still on and appears to have plenty of instructors.  I have heard there might be a lot of walk-ons too.  I'm still on the fence about helping with this shoot due to an injury.

Most of the info on what happened with the now "inactive" instructors has been scrubbed.  There was a disagreement and the two sides parted ways.  You'll see the inactive instructors being active in another program eventually.

gopher

So who's running the Crawfordsville event? I'm assuming it is not ATM as is listed...
1st Appleseed -- Indianapolis, 4/4/2015
Rifleman -- Indianapolis, 4/4/2015

stagehand steve

Quote from: gopher on July 08, 2015, 09:04:27 AM
So who's running the Crawfordsville event? I'm assuming it is not ATM as is listed...

That would be me!  Yes, the event is going on as planned.  Lots of good instruction and history and shootin'!

== stagehand steve ==
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

Janir

Crawfordville is still on StageHand Steve is running it and we have 5 instructors ready to teach some Marksmanship and history!
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir