News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lexington and North Bridge reenactments in Sequim

Started by maxwell, July 15, 2015, 02:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwell

I'm pretty cynical about anything associated with the Sequim Lavender Festival, but I think we'll fight the traffic and check this out as a summer homeschool outing. From the local newspaper here on the Olympic Peninsula: http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/article/20150715/NEWS/307169998

QuoteThe redcoats will engage the 2nd Connecticut Regiment of Militia, recreating the April 19, 1775, battles of Lexington and Concord, Mass., which sparked the American Revolutionary War.

The battles will be re-enacted twice each day today (Wednesday) through Sunday, with the skirmish at Lexington Green at noon and the battle at Concord's North Bridge at 2:30 p.m.

Sounds almost like an Appleseed!

Fixer

I wonder if Jay has ever been in contact with those folks.  Seems like we share a common mission, that's for sure.  Next time I'm up there, I'll stop by.  Try to drop a word to them if you get a chance while you're there.