News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A public thank you!

Started by HappyHiker, June 11, 2015, 11:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyHiker

Hi all!
I wanted to publicly thank Rayne and several other instructors that I've met in my three Appleseeds. I absolutely love your attitudes and patriotism! It's been an honor learning how to properly handle and fire a rifle from you all. I basically knew only how to pull the trigger, and now I own an AR-15 that has been sighted in at the near/far zeroes of 25 and 300 yards and I can consistently hit groups within 4 MOA at 300 yards. This would never have been possible without Rayne inviting me to my first Appleseed in October, where I met some other great instructors like AuntieBellum and LoneStar6. I then attended two Appleseeds at Nashville and Bedford, and there I got to learn from TJ Somethingchowski (ha), Brian Heeter, Uncle Davey, Slim, and a handful of other wonderful volunteers; I just can't remember their handle names! Sorry.

It's been a real pleasure working with these fine Americans! Their enthusiasm is contagious, and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about all of them, especially Rayne, since she took me under her wing and dedicated herself to helping me when I was struggling with flinching. Rayne has such a wonderful way of "reading" the participants and making us feel comfortable. I always see her seeking out the participants who need a little extra help, but might be too timid to say so. I really appreciate her dedication to the program and willingness to spend so much time working with me! I can say that about all the instructors I've met. You really are a wonderful group and I'm happy to have met you. I'm a better American thanks to you all! THANK YOU! (Is this where I should say, "Huzzah!" lol!)

HappyHiker

Oh, and on another note: I went skeet (spelling?) shooting with my husband and some friends for the first time a few weeks ago. I hit 9 out of my first 10 and easily was the best shooter there. hehe! I'd call that an Appleseed success!!!

colycat

Thank you for the glowing report of your Appleseed experience.  All the instructors it seems have such  a dedication to their students, which is what we strive for.

Tell your friends, come back and bring some more students. :)
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine