News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ariel, WA 6/20 - 21 AAR

Started by Kimber Custom, June 18, 2015, 12:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Weather is looking good for this weekend. Walk-on's welcome. See you Saturday.

Kimber Custom

Two fathers brought their kids to spend the weekend at the range for fathers day. Schoen brought our young patriots Noah and Regan, Jon brought his adult son Ray.

Schoen, you've raised some fine children. It was a pleasure to have you all on the line. You have the skills (and more importantly the character) to shoot rifleman. I look forward to making it official.

Regan handled her rifle like a champ. She didn't miss one safety feature and shot some outstanding groups off the rest. A little more size on her and we will be giving her a patch.

Noah discovered he is crossed-eye dominate. A quick change over to left handed and he was off.

It took us a while to get Ray's rifle fit properly and sighted in. By then I think fatigue took over. Keep working on those SHF's Ray - I promise, with some dry practice and stretching even us big boys can shoot to standard.

Jon suffered with some equipment problems. No sling Saturday but Jon can shoot. Sunday he had the sling but his lower failed him. A swap out with a borrowed lower but the frustration of equipment issues were still holding Jon back. But like I said, Jon has skills. He pulled out a 210 and earned a baptism in the waters of the North bridge. Well done sir.

Thanks to Wolverton Mountain Gun Club - two board members and an RSO spent quite a bit of Sunday with us and were sporting Appleseed T-shirts.

Flipper and Janer are both top notch instructors and they brought their A game.

TheSquirrelPatrol and GNat got some trigger time Saturday.

Our next event in Ariel is Aug 29 & 30. Tell your friends.

janer

Congratulations to new rifleman Jon.  Kimber Custom brought out the Brown Bess on Sunday.  The group enjoyed trying it out.

[/img]

janer