News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

M1 Garand Class

Started by Bazooka Man, June 12, 2015, 10:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka Man

I would be interested in attending a class on the M1 Garand some where near central NC.  Shooting is always nice, but I could settle for a few hours of just classroom on the finer points of the M1 such as proper cleaning, minor repairs, etc.  Yea, I know there are lots of You Tube videos, but I would like to train under a real breathing expert.
June 15/16 2013 Rifleman (Charlotte, NC)
Feb. 7/8 2015 Rifleman (Boone, NC) (Winterseed)
April 18/19 2015 Rifleman (Ramseur, NC)
March, 2017 RBC Rifleman and KD Qualified
(Ramseur, NC) Took a Blue Hat.
April 22/23, 2017 Rifleman Requal (243)
Ramseur, NC
January 20/21, 2018 Rifleman Requal (244) Ramseur, NC
May 4/5, 2019 Rifleman Requal (249)
Ramseur, NC
May 24/25, 2019 KD Requal
Ramseur, NC
May 14, 2020 RBC Ramseur, NC Pistoleer™ Patch (220)

BeSwift

CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) offers these... They're called GSM Clinics.. not much shooting but a lot of classroom time. OR you could sign up for a Rifleman Boot Camp with Appleseed, and get a ton of trigger time, and expert instruction on the line... Most AS instructors are likely up to speed on Garands and M1A's I do believe  ;)
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Pain Killer

Hawkeye sometimes does an hour and a half of this kind of class on Sundays during an Appleseed at the Home Range. Next time I know he will be there, I'll let you know.

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Bazooka Man

Painkiller, that is exactly the type of class I was looking.  I am planning on being at the Ramseur KD in July.  I looked at the CMP site. They do an online Webinar on the M1, but have not scheduled anything for 2015.  Their GSM is more instructor oriented.  While probably excellent, it isn't exactly what I am looking for.  Let me know if a short clinic will be scheduled at the KD in Ramseur.  Thanks so much.

PS. I am really enjoying the M1.  My military experience came along to late to appreciate the M1 or the M14/M1A.
The range I am member at will  be opening up their 1000 yard range in a few weeks, and are having qualifiers for members in order to shoot at 1000 yard s.  Tomorrow, I will be stretching the M1 out to 700 yards.  I hope I can at least ring the gong at least once LOL!
Ramseur, NC
Ramseur, NC
Ramseur, NC

Jumpboot

In the absence of an actual instructor in highly recommend the information on Garandgear.com.
Rifleman 6 May 2012

Bazooka Man

Ramseur, NC
Ramseur, NC
Ramseur, NC

hawkeye

Let me know when and I can Give a class on the Garand at Ramsuer anytime I'm not working.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Bazooka Man

I'm three hours from the range, but I would certainly make it a day trip to get face to face instructions on the Garand from an expert. Let me know a time of the week and I will be there.  my email is chrisx50(at)suddenlink(dot)net

I am new to the Garand and want to learn the RIGHT way. 
Ramseur, NC
Ramseur, NC
Ramseur, NC

Davebrau

Hawkeye,
I would definitely like to take a M1 / M1A class with you at Ramseur.
I'm 35 minutes from there, available most weekends and some week days.
I don't have a M1 (yet) but I have several M1A's

Dave

hawkeye

Your welcome to take one of mine apart for the class. I could do it next Appleseed on the 29th Sunday morning. We could do the class and do some practical work ( cross two rounds, Quick reloads) on the KD range. All I need is just a nudge to go to the range and shoot a couple of hundred rounds.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Davebrau

Hawkeye,
Please consider this a "nudge", (shove) toward a class on the 29th.
My real interest is to understand my M1A's better. Since they are based on the M1 it may well be that the basic Garand class would be a good starting place.

Much to my surprise my wife showed interest when I mentioned this and she says she would like to participate. If she comes along, do you have 2 garands ? She is a shooter.

If we are to shoot your Garands, please let me know what type of ammo she likes and how many rounds to bring. I'll get it on the way, pronto.

I see others are interested and that's great, the more the better. But if no one else signs up could we do a more M1A focused review? In which case I can bring several?

Dave

hawkeye

m1 or m14 almost the same thing. I'll bring both.

Pain Killer

Please consider signing up for the entire Appleseed for both days on this weekend.

Thanks,
PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

hawkeye

This class will have to be Okayed by the shoot boss too. He may have other plans. You must be signed up for an event to shoot on the range, Steve