News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Anyone else as excited as I am about this?

Started by Laredo, June 10, 2015, 06:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laredo

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Kosciusko

No

Why:   You can expect BHO to pull a fast one and divert them away from the CMP.     IIRC, Bill Clinton did it with about 100,000 M1 carbines.  They were slated to go to the CMP.  They wound up going to Mexico under a program that guaranteed they would never return to the USA.

The president wants to shut down home production  of AR15s for personal use, a firearm that is arguably the modern equivalent of the Brown Bess    See the ITAR thread under discussion.  He will  never allow those milsurp pistols to  fall into the hands of people he considers his enemies.

DrRichP

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Laredo

.... Always look on the bright side of life....

In an otherwise constant battle... A reprieve...  The pres signed the bill releasing 100,000 surplus 1911's to the cmp.

Yipeeeee!!!!!
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Quigley

I read last week that CMP was not going to be selling 1911's after all. I do not recall where that was, perhaps on Michael Bane's blog, the proposal was described as "vetoed".

2 clicks low

Quote from: Quigley on November 26, 2015, 07:59:01 AM
I read last week that CMP was not going to be selling 1911's after all. I do not recall where that was, perhaps on Michael Bane's blog, the proposal was described as "vetoed".

You are correct. It was vetoed a week or 2 ago.  Then Congress changed something else in the bill and he signed it with that change.
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Quigley

Then count me and my son among those who are excited about it.

Kosciusko

I am glad, albeit stunned, that the sales will go thru.    Wonder what he got in return?

I will stick w/ my Glocks and commercial 1911s.  i wish the rest of you well.  Expect them to be expensive pieces of history.  Reports I've read are that the vast majority are very worn mixmasters.

so now, what about those old M16s, some of which are nearing or beyond 50 years of service?    since you can get AR15 semi-only lowers 3 for $99, what about demilling the select-fire lowers  and selling the rest  as parts kits?

Jumpboot

What did we lose in liberties with the passing of the NDAA to gain some worn out 1911s?
Rifleman 6 May 2012

509gman

Quote from: Jumpboot on November 26, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
What did we lose in liberties with the passing of the NDAA to gain some worn out 1911s?

Hear, hear.
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

azmule

Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda