News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Keep them in your pocket...

Started by Earl, June 12, 2015, 09:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

I stopped in at a farewell, to a retiring library keeper, and had a wonderful time sharing with the folks I once worked with - the Institutional Library Services of the Washington State Library.  While I was there, trying to dampen the motorcycling image they remembered so well, I had an opportunity to tell a Dangerous Old Man story, I did Samuel Whittlemore, and got an opportunity to pass out my business cards with my contact information. Always Seventh stepping. 

For sure, don't leave a job or position angry, you might not get invited back for drinks and cake and laughing memories. And always be prepared to perform upon command. They really had no idea, now they do.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

And working a library with state benefits, no union, and good retirement is to be considered.

So I should mention that there are three positions open because of retirements, so it your interest is in that direction, look into them.http://www.wla.org/library-jobs

Promised my old leader that I would mention it.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.