News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The Women of Appleseed, Stories from Appleseed Weekends

Started by funfaler, November 22, 2008, 01:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

553tnegA

This past weekend was my first Appleseed Shoot, but I've been following the program for years. I am the Chapter Leader of our local Armed Women of America chapter - The last 3 years, the clinics have landed on the same weekends as my AWA meetings, so I have not been able to attend.
FINALLY,  the schedule worked out and I was able to go!  I was pleased to see 5 other ladies with me in a class of 24 - one of which is another AWA chapter leader in the next state!!.

One of the Redhats, eert, had emailed me and asked if he could place his friend next to me in case she needed help. Of course, I obliged. 4 of us ladies held down one end of the bay and laughed, encouraged, lent a helping hand and got incredible compliments from the range crew. We all improved our shooting and one lady even re-qualified for her Rifleman patch! 

I was close - scored 200- but I'm going to go sling shopping and work on my seated positions so I can squash those redcoats and the AQT at the next Appleseed shoot!!

My hope is that my personal experience will lead more of the ladies in my chapter to come out and take the Appleseed class.
Rhonda/553tnegA

Daughter of the American Revolution
Patriots: Joseph DeJarnette #A206259
Henry Keller #A064272
Jacob Browning #A016030

"I am one of those who never knows the direction of my journey until I have almost arrived"  Anna Strong

NRA Pistol Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor
Goal: Red Hat

1st Appleseed: 10/8/2022
Rifleman Qual: Winterseed 2/5/2023

JustKim

I attended my first Appleseed event 19-29 April 2014.  I shot and "broke" 4 rifles in the process.  During that weekend, I laughed, I cried, I got angry, but most of all, I persisted.  Through all of the emotions, I had an AMAZING time!  I was hooked, for sure!  I knew this is something that I wanted to continue to do.  It took me 4 1/2 events to earn my Rifleman patch, but the journey taught me so much about myself and made me a better person, and a much better Riflewoman!!!

It's so easy to tell others about the characteristics of our founding generation, focus, determination and persistence, but what we do allows each shooter to experience these characteristics themselves. 

One of the things I love most about Project Appleseed is that it is something that my husband, Gunjunkie, and I love doing together!  We have always shot together, but to share in the excitement of being able to pass our history and marksmanship on to others is priceless!

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

GGthatsme

My Appleseed story began just about a year ago. I was introduced to Appleseed by my AMAZING AGAG (A Girl and A Gun) facilitator.  After being part of the AGAG Treasure Coast chapter for a few months, I was hooked and wanted to do it all... handgun, rifle, shotgun...!   When the opportunity to participate in a Lady Appleseed came, I signed up right away with a few other AGAG ladies. After my first Lady Appleseed Event, I was hooked! We had a GREAT weekend.  I was so inspired by the history of the American Revolution.  I learned so much about our history and why it is so important to preserve our liberty as well as to educate others about it.  At that point, I was determined to get my Rifleman patch but understanding the history of that goal made it so much more significant. It took three more Appleseeds, but I did it! It was only with the help and awesome support of the other students and ALL the Appleseed instructors.  The passion the instructors have for this event is infectious. It is a great feeling to be with a group of people that have passion and purpose, positive attitudes, and share common values and goals! and... it is SO MUCH FUN!  We need to continue to get others involved in these events, and I intend to become a volunteer myself to do just that!