News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 19 Followup

Started by The Old Guide, April 20, 2015, 10:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Guide

I posted on my personal FaceBook page on April 18 that Paul Revere was headed out to alarm the countryside and warn Sam Adams and John Hancock.

On April 19 I posted about the events of the day.

Today I posted John Adams's admonition to "Posterity".

Tomorrow I'll quote Lord Percy regarding our Patriots "who know very much what they are about". I'll keep it up for a while. This has been very well received so far.

Feel free to use my idea. I already have two people coming to our next Appleseed from it.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

Fred

What about it?

Is anyone else doing this on Facebook?
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

The Old Guide

It was well received on facebook and on my weekly radio show. Our church has invited us back for a Libertyseed this week. Many people said they missed it last time, heard about it want want to come this time. We'll put up the flags on Tuesday night. At Libertyseeds I read the middle paragraph in the middle column of the broadsheet, Bloody British Butchery after Strike Three as part of the Benediction. Then I give the broadsheet to the organization that sponsored us for the Libertyseed.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

The Old Guide

That went well. We had 39 people show up for the Libertyseed last week. A few people commented on one thing I said: "Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage." That really rang true for people. I think I'll stick it on my signature line. Feel free to use it.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012