News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2015 Shoots?

Started by dwarven1, May 26, 2015, 11:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarven1

Are there any shoots scheduled for 2015?
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Mph_VT

Not so far. 

Calamity and circumstance have rendered us asunder this year.  Really wish to make something happen, but right now I am up to my proverbial ass in alligators with the house fire.  It seems as is the rest of the Vermont team for one thing or another.

I've had a few discussions here and there, it seems that some, me included, can do the days but not the organizing. But with any luck maybe make time toward the end of the summer early fall.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.

Learned Hand

Sir, the gods of the valley are not the gods of the hills, and you shall understand it.             

Ethan Allen

dwarven1

Well, with a 2 month lead time, we're looking at a November shoot... in Vermont.  ::) NOT.

So... perhaps we can start planning NOW for a May, 2016 shoot? I'm iffy on weekends between running a kitchen table FFL business and various other commitments (Nickle just got me to join the Vermont State Guard, too), but I'd like to try and get at least a couple of shoots going for VT.

Other than you, Nickle, Luv2BeFree (my wife, BTW) and me, who else do we have for instructors? GMB74 is pretty well swamped from what he tells me, so let's see if we can get something going for next year.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Moylan

Hornblower and I are usually in Vermont for a couple of weeks in July.  If you get something on the schedule for then, and you need some extra folks, we may be able to help out. 

November shoot in Vermont...might not even make the cut as a Winterseed these days.  Weather's gotten wimpy up there over the last couple decades.   ;D
The chief mark of the Declaration of Independence is the theory of equality.  It is the pure classic conception that no man must aspire to be anything more than a citizen, and that no man should endure to be anything less. 

--GK Chesterton

I believe in liberty very much as Jefferson did, allowing for the fact that a hundred years of history and experience have taught me to believe a little more than he did in original sin.

--also GK Chesterton

VietVet

There's a one day shoot in Southern VT in the works.
Looks like sometime in November 2015.

Hopefully more info shortly.

We haven't forgot about you Vermont.  O0
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

dwarven1

November... Yikes. Please, DON'T have it either of the weekends bracketing Thanksgiving. Weekend before I'm running a Turkey Shoot for my Masonic Lodge in MA and the weekend after, I'm at a gun show in White River Junction. (and yes, I'll have a ready-to-rock LTR, brandy-new, with me. Unless it gets sold first and I don't have a chance to make another).

GEORGE WASHINGTON

sgtrock

VietVet

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

TOMINCT

You asked for it, you got it!

October 24, Stamford Vt, about a 5 mile hop over from N.Adams Mass. One day, primitive camping available. https://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=708&id_event=4030

Hope some Vt/N. Mass IT's can help.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

TOMINCT

Here's the AAR for the Stamford shoot: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=47044.0

There COULD be a winterseed at the same location. The landowner is open to it, accessibilty being the issue. It all depends on the amount of snow they get up there and how to get folks in and out from a specific spot. It's on a seasonal road so it isn't plowed, at least where the property is.

I'll speak to him about it,stay tuned....
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13