News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NEED APRIL 19TH PATCHES!! PEOPLE IN CHARGE READ THIS

Started by grunt soldier, April 22, 2015, 06:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grunt soldier

Well since I can't seem to post anywhere else on this forum anymore. I need like 10 more of these patches.  None of my instructors got them and about 5 students didn't also.  I also don't know if anyone cares but I didn't have enough rifleman patches in my box to cover my 8 shooters who patched either!  luckily I had a few extra of those on hand but would have been screwed if not.  I got my students names and address to mail them out AND can get them to my instructors also but I need those patches.  a lot of folks were pretty unhappy they didn't get them!
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Pain Killer

Quote from: grunt soldier on April 22, 2015, 06:22:20 PM
  I also don't know if anyone cares but I didn't have enough rifleman patches in my box to cover my 8 shooters who patched either!  luckily I had a few extra of those on hand but would have been screwed if not. 

I don't understand why you think no one would care. You can contact Lawrence directly under the PM Lawrence. It was probably just an oversight. Just so that you and everyone else knows how you get these boxes. Lawrence does it by himself with only occasional help and spends countless hours doing this in addition to showing up at almost every Appleseed at Ramseur, which is once a month. He is a very descent retired Gentleman who would in no way slight you on purpose.
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

JoeZ

"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

grunt soldier

Quote from: Pain Killer on April 22, 2015, 06:41:27 PM
Quote from: grunt soldier on April 22, 2015, 06:22:20 PM
  I also don't know if anyone cares but I didn't have enough rifleman patches in my box to cover my 8 shooters who patched either!  luckily I had a few extra of those on hand but would have been screwed if not. 

I don't understand why you think no one would care. You can contact Lawrence directly under the PM Lawrence. It was probably just an oversight. Just so that you and everyone else knows how you get these boxes. Lawrence does it by himself with only occasional help and spends countless hours doing this in addition to showing up at almost every Appleseed at Ramseur, which is once a month. He is a very descent retired Gentleman who would in no way slight you on purpose.

I have no.doubt that he did not do it on purpose. I just wanted to point it out.  My main concern was the april 19th patches.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

grunt soldier

Quote from: JoeZ on April 22, 2015, 07:27:39 PM
Planning ahead works wonders.

Cheers,
JoeZ

And as usual I did but I can't plan for a special patch that's never been released before.

Maximum Ordinate

I've sent my surplus to Georgia and Michigan.

Send a message to Tncolonel.  I'm confident he has some spares.
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

AAOptics

I'm just glad I didn't have to pull the riflemen's patch of my shirt.  Someone forgot how Indiana rolls.

grunt soldier

Quote from: Rusty on April 22, 2015, 11:09:24 PM
I've sent my surplus to Georgia and Michigan.

Send a message to Tncolonel.  I'm confident he has some spares.

Thank you I will do this.

PHenry

Sadly, I have some left over. I was planning on running relays to accom extra shooters who begged to get in and then no-showed. Next year I will ask Scuzzy to double the max to avoid this scenario. That's a far larger screw up than low patches. Would much prefer to be on the prowl for extra patches.

All depends upon perspective. If you and your instructors would simply do a poor job of teaching marksmanship - you could get by on less patches. If Roswell would ease up on those pesky press releases, combined with poor instruction and less BOTG promo work - you would have had plenty PD patches for the five family members who showed up to shoot.

Yes, I am being silly and sarcastic, or is it sardonic? Who cares? Just pointing out what we all know anyway. It's frustrating when you are standing in front of a bunch of people you aim to please and find you are missing something. I will say I was confused by the number of patches - not enough for a large event, but too many just for instructors. I will hazard a guess that it was a compromise. Shoot boxes normally run almost $350 as it is and the PD boxes are even more.

The good news is already apparent - you and your crew clearly did an outstanding job, from the firing line to promo. And, your brothers and sisters who didn't do so well are happy to send you their spare patches.

In the end - I'd say this is "all good".  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

209Ken

I have 8 extra patches left-over if you (or anybody else) needs them.

PM me if needed.

209ken
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

grunt soldier

Thanks everyone. And 209ken pm sent. Only need 2 more if these 8 come through.

DrRichP

I have a couple extra I can send you Grunt. Send me a PM.

Dr. Rich
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Lonestar6

Yep, the very first thing we ran out of was the special patch. 25 in a standard box, and I am sure that was plenty for the majority of shoots, but not Wabash.

The next thing we ran short of was bright cord to mark the firing and equipment line as we lengthened the firing line, so the blue hats got twine and spray paint.

Then we ran out of red AQTs thankfully there was a supply of standard grey ones in someone's stash.

Then we ran out of Rifleman patches, 8 in one weekend Huzzah!

We never ran out of SPIRIT!

God Bless America

LS6
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.