News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Opportunity knocks!

Started by PHenry, May 08, 2015, 04:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

FL Cadre,
I got a call from a very nice lady that is involved with "Liberty Camp" - a project that teaches kids about the Founding generation. It is a one-day camp that costs only $5 and they have all manner of displays and shows, with rein-actors and such. They have a snack break mid-day and she would like for us to send an instructor(s) to offer a condensed version of the story.

https://www.facebook.com/thelivinglibertycamp?fref=ts

Like AS, they are all-volunteer and can use our help to educate kids in the ideals and traditions of the Founders. The next three dates are July 8, July 22, and July 29. The FB page shows contact info for questions as  livinglibertycamp@gmail.com . I also have the number and email addy for the woman who contacted me. It looks to be held at a church in Plant City. Plant City Church of God - but I see  two addresses listed - will zero location.

Do we have anyone who would be interested in this?  O0

PM me and I will get it set up. She said we can just do the snack time or stay all day.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

stoneknives

I could do the 22th and the 29th but will be outta touch for the 8th.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

308LIBERTY

Do they need someone for all 3 days or just one of the 3? My availability for July is currently up in the air as I may be moving.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

PHenry

OK, I have placed StoneKnives in touch with the woman that contacted me. He has agreed to take the 22nd and the 29th. 308 will assist if he's not moving. As is too often the case, the same people step up time and again.  :wb:

Now we need someone for the 8th. Who's up for passing the Heritage on to some inquiring young minds?  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Sly223

I will pencil Myself in as needed!
We still need more help,
This is the next big thing in Appleseed,
I have seen it felt it and known it.
Appleseed was ready for this three years ago,
but we were ahead of our time.
No longer,
the time is now and the Multitudes are Ripe!
To fill your firing line, Grace their Library with your presence!
Once they see how much you care,
Only then will they want to hear how much you Know!
In Liberty,
Sly223
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

PHenry