News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Billings, MO March 28-29

Started by connibear, April 02, 2015, 10:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

connibear

What a beautiful weekend for an Appleseed event. A little cool and breezy but warmed up nicely. 11 folks came out to learn marksmanship and learn about the events of April 19th. This was a great group of shooters who did exceptionally well. We had two young men who qualified rifleman!! This being their very first Appleseed and very first AQT that we did Sat. evening, Brenden (20) qualified with a 235 and Konner (9) qualified with a 219. Great job guys. Sunday came around and everyone returned and was ready to get at it. By the end of the day we had two more riflemen and one new orange hat. Kevin qualified with a 211, he almost got baptized with North Bridge water, and Adam qualified with a 217 and asked for an orange hat. Huzzah to all the attendees and the instructors who were able to make it. Thanks Jim and Jared.

We also had four new youth shooters on the line. Always good to have our youth on the line learning whatever they can and let it sink in to keep the flame of Liberty burning bright.

Pictures to come shortly, but I will post a link to the facebook page cause that is faster for me to put them there than it is to upload them here. Keep looking though......
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

colonial shooter

Sorry I had to moss this one, I normally enjoy the group at this range. I heard that there was a great bunch present, both students and staff. I look forward to seeing pics.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

connibear

Here is the link for pics. The page is public so you do not need an account to look at them.

https://www.facebook.com/MOappleseed/photos/

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

colonial shooter

Nice photos, no one told me they had done major improvements to the range. Looks great!
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

connibear

Ya, no one told me either. Jim had not been there for like two weeks and he didn't know either. Needless to say we were both surprised. Now if they let us use center fire there would be no reason not to shoot KD. The range is only 300yd but we could scale down to get 400. Lots of improvement though.