News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Club house at Ramsuer range

Started by hawkeye, March 21, 2015, 10:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye

I added a short section Kitchen cabinets to the corner of the club house today, then started cleaning up and next thing I know I ripped up the floor covering after moving eveything outside the floor covering had to go. The good news is the club house is very clean and looks better . I will be back on Sunday the 22nd if anybody wants to help do some sheet rock repair were I'm going to fill the big openings in the walls and get the inside ready for paint. I am working on the 100 yard target line at range 1 too and electrical. Does anybody know somebody or company that can help us out with a good floor covering vinyl, tile or wood flooring for a 20 by 20 space? It needs to hold up to the kind of traffic we have on the range.  This is what happens ( the floor covering)when I am unsupervised  Steve H
PS I'm bringing a chain saw tomorrow too.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Lawrence

Will finish the trim and repairs to the recycled French doors next Saturday.

hawkeye

I finished patching the old drop down windows and did some sealing of the air leaks in the club house. I need to sand and paint next to get the walls ready I hope to do this next Sunday. Thank You for your help on the doors Lawrence they look great. Any body have a line on some sort of floor covering that would look good in the club house? We still need to pick up the range and do some straightening up to get ready for the April event. 
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Lawrence

Will be there Sunday to help.

Would like to install simple window and door trim, then caulk prior painting.

Let's get through the RBC with the bare underlayment and install new flooring in April, if that's ok?

hawkeye

I don't have the flooring yet, so that works for me. I'll see you Sunday and thank You for the help. Steve

jmdavis

Steve,

Would epoxy garage coat work on the floor? It's more durable than linoleum and cheaper too. But I don't know how it will bond to particle board. The floor might need painting first.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

hawkeye

I think epoxy would take too long to prep the floor and get it smooth. I'm hoping for vinyl or dense carpet like a hotel lobby.

jmdavis

Good points. It would probably take a skimm of floor leveling compound. I have a computer room slab done in epoxy and it does work well. But there is definitely more work than tile or carpet.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

colycat

The substrate for linoleum has to be pretty good also.  Unless the club house was replaced since I was there in 010,  I think dumping the garage epoxy is the to go.  Its really easy.  Make sure the floor is clean, start away from the door and use short nap rollers on a pole.  Dump it on and work your way to the door.  On the way throw the sprinkles for "that professional look".

I wish I was near by to help.

By the way,  Epoxy bonds to almost everything. 25 years of boatbuilding taught me that.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

hawkeye

Epoxy may be the way to go then , there are some bad spots ,I'll have a contractor friend take a look. He has done several garage floors. I know the floor will take a beating what ever it is. Thanks for the advise.