News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marlyland Intructor Corps has a bunch of additions and promotions!

Started by BeSwift, February 25, 2015, 05:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Please help me welcome the following new volunteers and promotions...

navybowhunter is MD's newest Shoot Boss!   Huzzah!
ABCGarand is MD's newest Red Hat!  Huzzah!

Tons of hard work and commitment to the program from both these guys! I can't thank them enough..  O0 :bow:

Orion59, Starwolf, and Aninha are MD's newest IIT's! Huzzah!   O0

Thanks for stepping up and joining the team!   

"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

malabar

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Eroyle

But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.  John Adams

sgtrock

connibear

......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

navybowhunter

Other new Orange Hat that was awaiting screen name is Jose B Screename: Starwolf!  Thanks for stepping up as well Starwolf!

R/
Chris

Eroyle

But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.  John Adams

FiremanBob

Congratulations, Chris. Your energy and commitment to the mission are exemplary.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

Monkey

Well done everybody!

Chris, it seems like it was just yesterday when you got your red hat at Cavalier - keep up the great work!
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Guntuckian

--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Fred

Congrats to the MD state AS team!

There are detractors in the program who assert "the Maryland growth" cannot be sustained.

I suggest you prove them wrong.

I suggest you continue until the state of Maryland has a new motto: "The First Rifleman State"

Once you reach that point, I suggest MD instructors fan out across the eastern seaboard, bringing the light of civilization to other states in varying shades of darkness.

I even suggest at some point you consider a "Lewis and Clarke"-type expedition to explore the region beyond the Appalachians. I suspect there is much darkness across the land beyond the mountains, a darkness that Maryland volunteers can bring light to. (Somewhere in Kansas, you may meet up with an expedition from California...)

Not least, you have the opportunity to settle in the next few years what will eventually be a very controversial question: In the upcoming new Appleseed Museum-on-the-Mall, will "the Maryland State room" really be the biggest room in the place?

What you do in the next few years can give an answer to that burning question...

The future is bright...

The future is unlimited...

The future, is what we make...

O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

BeSwift

At a 2013 Maryland AIBC, Fred promised me a bust in the National Appleseed Memorial/Museum that will built on The Mall in DC... Not only that, but that tradition will be to rub the statues nose for good luck..  ;)  I'm counting on the MD crew to lead the way to bring that to reality! 
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

FFJim

FF Jim
Dundalk, MD

navybowhunter

Brian,
I can't wait to see "your bust", in the Maryland room. I'll rub it! FiremanBob, and Monkey, looking forward to seeing you both next weekend.  Let's discuss "border raiding", that's a great way as well to learn different techniques and styles.  Plus it's awesome to see the Project is the same anywhere you go.

Still learning, in fact it has only just begun.

R/
Chris