News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Question about Becoming an Appleseed Instructor

Started by Yankee Doodle, February 24, 2015, 10:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankee Doodle

Heya all....I've been to two Appleseed weekends (made Rifleman on Sunday afternoon of the first) and several field shoots at the RWVA range.  As both history nerd and gun nut, I've always been interested in becoming an instructor, though I have yet to formally volunteer to do so (work schedule at the time precluded being able to participate like I'd like).  My lovely wife signed me up for the IBC weekend in Toccoa, GA the first weekend in August.

My question is:  do I need to formally volunteer before attending the IBC?  If so, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks for your help!  I look forward to contributing to continuing Appleseed's mission of reconnecting our countrymen to their marksman heritage.
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

"Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it."
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018

DrRichP

Quote from: Yankee Doodle on February 24, 2015, 10:37:46 PMHeya all....I've been to two Appleseed weekends (made Rifleman on Sunday afternoon of the first) and several field shoots at the RWVA range.  As both history nerd and gun nut, I've always been interested in becoming an instructor, though I have yet to formally volunteer to do so (work schedule at the time precluded being able to participate like I'd like).  My lovely wife signed me up for the IBC weekend in Toccoa, GA the first weekend in August.

My question is:  do I need to formally volunteer before attending the IBC?  If so, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks for your help!  I look forward to contributing to continuing Appleseed's mission of reconnecting our countrymen to their marksman heritage.

Hi Yankee Doodle!

No, you don't need to formally volunteer before attending the IBC. I will have a colleague in GA or NC contact you in case you don't want to wait until August to get started, because we sure can use your participation.

Thanks for your willingness to join our mission. I look forward to seeing you in an orange hat!

DrRichP
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy