News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur RBC

Started by mjkten, February 23, 2015, 05:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkten

I just signed up for the RBC at the end of this March. Looking forward to some instruction and practice at longer ranges. Does anyone have any heads up info for places to stay? Preference between Siler City and Asheboro?

9mm4545

You might PM Engineer Shooting as he has been there and is the SB for that event.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Pain Killer

Fairfield Inn is nice and I believe there is still a discount if you mention Appleseed. I personally like Asheboro better and that's where this hotel is located. There are campsites at the range with limited amenities if you wish to save money. Navy Showers (outdoor) with port a potty. See you there
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

jmdavis

Unless it is completely miserable or you are sick, I suggest that you stay at the range. It makes life much easier and a week in a tent can be an "adventure." I have camped at Ramseur 15 or so times since 2008 and other than once in Feb when I wound up with the flu, it was a great time.

You will be there at one of the best times of the year, when it is not too hot or too cold. Likely you will have some rain or maybe a thunderstorm. But you probably won't have snow, ice, tornados, or summers oppressive heat.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

mjkten

I haven't camped out in years, don't have equipment any more. I suspect I'll be appreciating a bath tub to soak sore muscles after the first couple days. But I'm open to the idea...

jmdavis

It used to be that we all camped there for the rbc. I've sat around  the campfire with professors, race car drivers, soldiers, kids and New York Times writers.  They were some good times.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

mjkten