News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KD Course of Fire

Started by Bazooka Man, February 20, 2015, 08:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka Man

At the Ramsuer range, what is the KD course of fire and how is each shot scored?  Thanks
June 15/16 2013 Rifleman (Charlotte, NC)
Feb. 7/8 2015 Rifleman (Boone, NC) (Winterseed)
April 18/19 2015 Rifleman (Ramseur, NC)
March, 2017 RBC Rifleman and KD Qualified
(Ramseur, NC) Took a Blue Hat.
April 22/23, 2017 Rifleman Requal (243)
Ramseur, NC
January 20/21, 2018 Rifleman Requal (244) Ramseur, NC
May 4/5, 2019 Rifleman Requal (249)
Ramseur, NC
May 24/25, 2019 KD Requal
Ramseur, NC
May 14, 2020 RBC Ramseur, NC Pistoleer™ Patch (220)

Moylan

The full size targets have the same kind of numbered scoring regions as you've seen on the scaled targets.  So the scoring works exactly the same as on the scaled AQT.  Same for the course of fire.  It's exactly the same--you're just shooting at D targets at actual distance.  It's a lot of fun!  Hope to see you there this summer.
The chief mark of the Declaration of Independence is the theory of equality.  It is the pure classic conception that no man must aspire to be anything more than a citizen, and that no man should endure to be anything less. 

--GK Chesterton

I believe in liberty very much as Jefferson did, allowing for the fact that a hundred years of history and experience have taught me to believe a little more than he did in original sin.

--also GK Chesterton

Bazooka Man

Thanks, I am planning on being there.
Ramseur, NC
Ramseur, NC
Ramseur, NC

Two Wolves

Never been to Ramsuer but this is how we do it in Texas.

1. full size d target posted/ has 3---4---5 rings just like your AQT target

2. at 100yds-- 10 rounds--standing---2 minutes
   go to target and count your score, then paste up the hits

3. at 200yds-- start from standing, drop to sitting, load and fire 2 round mag, load and fire 8 round mag, same target,
    55 seconds.  go to target and count your score, then paste up the hits

4. at 300yds-- start from standing, drop to prone, load and fire 2 round mag, load and fire 8 round mag, same target,
    65 seconds. go to target and count your score, then paste up the hits

5. at 400yds-- start from prone, 10 rounds--5 minutes
   go to target and count your score, then paste up hits

you will be given the opportunity to shoot a sighter some where in the course of fire, however if you come to the range prepared you will already know either your hold off or the dope on your scope. If you want to have the best possible experience at a kd shoot, go get your numbers ahead of time. this will also give you some practice and some confidence.

the when it's over, have a beer and smile at that 240+ SCORE! 

Regards, Two Wolves  :cool2: 
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

jmdavis

The key difference is that you only shoot 1 target at each distance. If you get a chance, try a field shoot at Ramseur, too. Wildman, Hawkeye and the other regulars are great guys. I really miss not shooting with them more. I always had  a great time.

When you zero for KD do it at 300, particularly with the AR. Get a solid centered 5 or V ring zero. If you zero on a highpower target you may find yourself shooting a little high.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Bazooka Man

So it appears that the shooter shoots at a single target and then the shooter moves back 100 yards for each consecutive string of fire.  Is that correct?  Thanks for the detailed info.
Ramseur, NC
Ramseur, NC
Ramseur, NC

jmdavis

At Ramseur there is one firing line and 6 target lines. You will use 4 for a KD shoot (100,200,300,400).  There is also a 25m line and a 500 yard line. There you stay at the same line for all the shooting.

At other places you may move from yard line to yardline. Examples of that setup include Osage Beach, MO and Camp Atterbury, IN.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Bazooka Man

Thanks JMDAVIS, that clears it for me.  Hope to see you at a shoot this Summer.
Ramseur, NC
Ramseur, NC
Ramseur, NC