News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Angeles mini 11-8-08

Started by Old Glory!, November 09, 2008, 08:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Glory!

4 Wisconsinites flew all the way to LA to attend a mini instructed by Savage Shooter who does not let an opportunity to AS go by.  8)   New rule - all family vacations will now have a built-in Appleseed. ;D

So how many shooters did you have SS?  I heard Trisha has brought her score up to 205.   :o  Annie Oakley, did you have any pictures to share?

Thanks for taking time out of your weekend to hone some rifleman skills, California-style.

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Fred

SS, can I interject, and suggest the answer to the question "how many?" should be "more than four!" ;D

;D      ;D      ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Johnnyappleseed

Hi Old Glory
although Rich did not make rifleman that sat. He did hit steel targets 1rd on each 200-300-400-500 yards with iron sighted M14 -------------- certainly rifleman shooting ,esp with NO misses.  He will make Rifleman next time with any decent iron sighted rifle. ;D
Sure was a pleasure having all the young folks at our ca range. missed you + Coly
Matt did a great job instructing  ;D I knew he would + Trish is a good student .
Andy + I did pistol all after noon + she shot everything really well.
Annie needs more mags ,which are non existent so far. With her own rifle she is ready to join the Rifleman ranks.
Fred , SS had lots of lookers , 6 shooters all wearing AS Tshirts, shootings aqts. We made good use of the swat reprints  ;)
Semper Fidelis
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Old Glory!

Johnny-ALWAYS-APPLESEED, 
Thanks for posting the REAL AAR.  Most of all, thanks for getting the WHOLE family into Appleseed.  I just couldn't resist starting the thread, even though I wasn't sure of all the details.   6 handsome/gorgeous/young Appleseeders at the Angeles range, instructors engaging conversation with other shooters, followed up by AS handouts = Nice example of how to AS outside of a formally scheduled event. 8)   The cause does not stop when the AS weekend wraps up, and neither do you or Savage.

What type of mags does Annie need?  Gotta be some out there SOMEWHERE. 

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Johnnyappleseed

Thanx Old Glory it's your character + AS that gets the credit. Great job, hope to make another midwest AS in a few months.  ;)
I have 3 ,22 mags ordered from Sarco , they have had a backorder  since june :o
SS + I are doing a gun show soon, will look there. The mags are for a 22 trainer made like 03 Springfield.
Will keep you posted.
Semper Fidelis
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Old Glory!

Here's a little CA AS action after the action.  Notice the TV is NOT on. <:)