News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

February 15th one-day event at Harvard

Started by aim, February 06, 2015, 01:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aim

It seems that we will be blessed both with wintry weather and a willing SBIT to run the event. Please pass the word that anyone with nothing to do after Valentine Day will be made to feel welcome, if not warm, on the line.

Instructors: warming contributions (cement blocks for a fire ring, firewood, etc.) are appreciated.

As of 2015-02-06, the forecast calls for clear skies, a high of 15-ish, rapidly falling temperatures after sunset (low of -10), and precipitation on 2-7, 2-8, 2-9, and 2-12.
Shiny!

aim

Current weather forecast for Harvard (8:00 through 18:00):
   High of 14F, dropping throughout the day down to 8F or so.
   Tail end of of precipitations (80% of snow, tapering to 40-20% after 12:00-15:00).

Three registered shooters as of Wednesday night, looks like four registered as of Thursday.

Two younger instructors eager to earn a Winterseed patch in addition to performing their duties.

Looks like a great event coming up!
Shiny!

lupis42

Heard some favorable reports on Northeastshooters.  Hopefully, all instructors got home from the blizzardseed safely!
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

vicorjh

I was one of the students at the Harvard Winterseed event. New 10/22, never really fired a rifle beyond the four or five rounds during my younger days (until the Winterseed).

What a great event, aim and hbennett were phenomenal instructors. They were patient and clearly knew what they were doing. Each and every instruction had a direct impact on my accuracy. Noticeable difference. I received an arsenal of knowledge to work on. And, in such a short period of time.

Loved the history aspect, as well.

When you hear on the interwebs about how much people learn at these events, it's no joke. Thanks aim and hbennet. And, special thanks to the two young instructors for assisting at the event.

The weather was cold and windy. I eventually sat out on a couple of the later AQT's due to numb fingers and having to remove snow that was caked onto my face (with over 8 feet snow this winter). But, that was part of the experience I was there for. It was a challenge. It was fantastic!

I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

I hope see you guys at the next Harvard Appleseed and I hope to convince my wife to AQT.