News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2015 Schedule is up!

Started by dreamerofdreams, December 12, 2014, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamerofdreams

Check it out - the 2015 shoots for Gaston, SC have been posted!   ^:)^
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

mjkten

Trying to get a friend or two signed up for the Appleseed this spring.  And I am interested in the RBC in march at Ramseur. What centerfire rifles are best suited to the longer ranges? Is the course of fire  the same as the shorter distance 2 day event?  Reloading,  time constraints, etc...

Pain Killer

Project Appleseed holds 2 day KD(Known Distance Events) and 5 day RBC's (Rifleman Boot Camp) in addition to the Traditional Appleseed. For the 2 day KD the COF is the similar with more emphasis on Long Distance Shooting and  you probably won't get as many AQT's in because of the logistics of the longer distance. The 5 day RBC goes into much more detail of long distance shooting and has more time to focus on the fundamentals of shooting.

The AR is probably the most popular at these events, but the rifle you are the most comfortable with is the best. Try to equip the rifle the same you would for a Traditional Appleseed. For example, you would want to add the hardware for the GI Sling.

I hope this helps, and I hope to see you at the RBC in March

Steve (PK)
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison