News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Burlington Flats NY, Instructor Known Distance Shoot 12-13 Sept 2015

Started by sgtrock, January 28, 2015, 06:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtrock

First and Foremost

To All out of staters that want to attend, which I hope there are some. Check the Event Information Page for a link to New York Gun Laws and the evil features you cannot have here.

Non New York Compliant rifles must not be brought here period.

Well there is your first task of this shoot to work on. Man I hated writing that.

So onward,,, We have pits with 8 positions, so that will enable us to have 16 shooters which is great, right?
This 2 day event will give us the opportunity to have some good classroom time for instruction and not be rushed.
Everyone gets a chance to do pit service for your fellow shooters, I will give a class on that as well.
But as I am sure,,,, you have seen that post that JMDavis put up about pit service, with video,, its good so look at it.
Pit service is Very Important please come excited and energetic as well, work on your lower back muscles it helps.
OK  With this being my home range I will assure you of a safe and informative 2 day event.

My goal and the goal of the RWVA at these types of events are to teach you, to teach your students, Know Distance shooting, at your events.
Plus hopefully get you qualified as well, yes you can qualify at 300 and be concidered qualified in this program.
I have reduced targets for 400yds.
We have a club house to use for class time, each morning, and evening you can camp in the club house at night or camp outside.
We have hot and cold water, latrines, refridgerator, indoor range 50ft small bore, lead pistol  ammo may be used, no magnums of any kind inside, .45 acp ball is ok, no jacketed hollow point ammo.

More can be checked out at our website, www.bffgc.com

Out  of State students that do come, please make sure not to bring any type of handguns, NY does not recognize any states permits, again check laws link on the Event Information Page or (EIP).

There is 5 dollar per person per day range fee, but no camping fee.
Food establishments are nearby, Deli type, pizza joint, and a Great Italian Restaurant about 11 miles away for a good sit down meal.
Club policy is no booze of any kind anywhere on the club.

Having a target pit, has its advantages, less time wasted checking targets, and more time shooting.
Round count on the low side 200rds,,, on the high side,  450rds,,, more if you want to shoot steel at end of the day.

Survival Requirements are the same as for any other shoot you may have attended, water, snacks, poggie bait, rain gear etc.....ect.....

Ammo type, anything But,,,,, Armor Piercing i.e. (Black Tip) or Incendiary of anytype.
50 BMG leave at home as well.

A little on  safety in the pits, EYE and EAR PRO ALWAYS,,,,

I will give a class in the pits on how things work best for our set up,, Pit operations are pretty easy, but you must stay focused to ensure your fellow students are treated well when they are shooting and thus, you get good service when you are shooting and they are pulling your targets.

I welcome questions and I will be most accommodating to make your visit here a nice one.
This place is not hard to find, but it is a hard place to leave.

Steve Stoner (sgtrock)

Modified to say,,,More will be added as time goes on and or questions asked.

LINK TO SIGN UP:

https://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=82&showall=yes

Josey Wales

..Steve,
..I'm in for this, I will officially sign up in a day or two. Thanks for giving NY a good dose if KD, this is going to be a good shoot..

..Strength & Honor, Josey Wales..

..SIGNED UP 01/30/2015,

https://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=82&showall=yes
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

sgtrock

Looking forward to it Mr. Wales and of coarse you are welcome here anytime.

Another D.O.M.

I'm not sure how up-to-date the linked NY Laws are.  I DO know that portions of the by now infamous NY SAFE Act that have been determined Unconstitutional and/or unenforceable by a Federal judge many months ago have not yet been written into the 'official record'.  So I'll attempt to be succinct...

ILLEGAL in NYANY semi-automatic rifle, shotgun or pistol with a removable magazine that has at least ONE of the usual 'evil' cosmetic features (muzzle break, flash suppressor, etc.; bayonet lug; pistol grip or thumb-hole stock; magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds; shrouded barrel; folding stock; barrel less than 16" in length (rifle) or 18" in length (shotgun); etc.) that has NOT been registered with the NY State Police according to current NY law.

Possession of any of these firearms within NY is considered, by law, Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the 3rd degree which is a Class D Felony  If caught, you WILL go to jail, and if convicted you WILL have your 'inalienable rights' removed by the court.  This despite Andrew Cuomo's claim that "We're not going to take away your guns."

This can be as serious as a heart attack, folks, so pay attention!
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Grumpy1

Steve,

Thank You, for setting this event up! I'm already signed up and can' t wait.

Thanks,
Jb
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

VietVet

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

sgtrock

Thanks for the link help.
It should be nice a weekend at the range, just before deer season too, so bring your hunting rifles to check zero's on them as well.

Josey Wales

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..