News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Osage Beach IBC Jan. 3-4 2015

Started by connibear, January 04, 2015, 11:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

connibear

We had a pretty good turnout, even though we had a last minute change of location. 3 IIT0's made the journey and had an experienced Instructor corp. 1 SI, 2 SB, 1 DSB and 2 RH gave the students plenty of information to use in their advancement. Please let us know what you thought of your experience.

......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

connibear

MO Jan 2015 IBC did a good job. I think our IIT's that attended will not have much problem advancing at their next AS. With some polishing I believe we are looking at a fine group of instructors moving up the ranks. Thank-you to Jason for the use of the range club house, and thanks to colonial shooter for doing this event and providing a big pot of chili. Mutti, RNR, you must really like to travel across state to help with this event, you gals are great, thank-you for coming. Ty, 209ken thanks for coming and helping, giving your input on things was very helpful. Thankyou to our Orange hats who came, sound money, ckerely and m-dawg who brought his dad 209ken. Thanks everyone for making this a learning experience. Almost forgot to mention, sheilapie (BH) thanks for coming and allowing carlos to attend.  ;D

For those of you who not able to make, make plans to attend the next one.

MO instructors, get geared up, our season officially begins March, 28-29. See everyone on the line.  O0
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Mutti

I would like to thank ColonialShooter and Connibear for the opportunity to assist Ty, 209Ken and the local boots on the ground during this IBC.

For our new IITs you completed an experience to assist your "Transition" from Attendees to Instructors. Seeing the Appleseed Concept from the other side and educating yourselves with assistance on the application of how We lay down the Fundamentals for our Attendees can be a little daunting. However you all rose to the challenge and continued to improve.

Now that you have a guide sheet to move forward, systematic application and review will carry forward to Success. If you do not have a Manual to review this is the time to download and continue study. With an active State Coordinator, Shoot Bosses/Instuctor Corp - there are many resources available to fine tune your abilities.

I look forward to working for you in the future and if ever you all are in IL - sign up and I'll put you to work!

Mutti/Sharon
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

C Kerley

I talked to Mutti about this after the course, but wanted to throw this out there for anyone contemplating going through one of these.  I've been lucky enough to have attended five other firearm instructor courses with very expensive tuition to match their justified reputation, some of which were Master level.  Some folks may find themselves interested in obtaining a firearm instructor status, and I'll add that this is a good course to go through to be taught some basics of teaching as well as learning Appleseed specific information.  The students will have ample opportunity to make short presentations and learn/feel what it's like to speak in front of an audience with all eyes on them.  In making presentations that's something that only comes with experience and confidence, which this course is going to initiate you on. 

I've been told of a common firearm certification class in which the students never speak in front of the class or direct a role player in the operation of a firearm.  You won't have that here.  Expect some hands-on presentations and teaching tips to be thrown at you throughout the two days.  If you have been to other FI classes, take the two days to go through this one too; I promise, you'll learn something.           

RiflesnReins

Wow! What a great weekend. I had the chance to "pass along" the knowledge that I've gathered throughout my own time as an IIT, to three new Appleseed instructors. Plus, I had the opportunity to learn from some of Missouri's finest instructors.

Thank you 209Ken, Connibear, Colonial Shooter, Mutti, Iron Ty, Sound Money, M-Dawg and C Kerely for the learning experince!

RnR
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

SoundMoney

What a great weekend and chance to learn a lot of information. Thankyou to all the red hats that made this event the success it was. And thanks to the other orange hats for not letting me be the only one drinking from the firehose  ;)

I'm looking forward to Aplleseeding more now that my confidence has be increased after this IBC. Thanks again!
"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." - Henry Ford

"Paper (money) is poverty...it is the ghost of money, and not money itself." - Thomas Jefferson

"No state shall make make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts." - Article 1 Section 10 of the United States Constitution