News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC Oct. 25-26

Started by Polonius, October 27, 2014, 10:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polonius

It was an amazing, beautiful weekend with an inspired group of dedicated shooters. There was great energy all weekend, through the last redcoat on Sunday. Out of 27 shooters on Saturday (23 new) we had 5 shooters clear their afternoon redcoat, as well as 14 getting the shingle!

The weekend only got better. 5 new rifleman patches were awarded, and 2 new Appleseeders with bolt guns scored 207. There is hope for America after all.

One of our riflemen (Cousin Hart) went big with a 234 and took an orange hat. She will be top notch.

Fred gave the benediction Saturday afternoon. Yet another benefit of being at Ramseur.

20 shooters returned on Sunday, with one new shooter. Lawrence took a half dozen shooter up to the KD range while the remaining shooters slugged it out in the AQT grind. All in all, it doesn't get any better than this.

Lawrence

Many thanks for the kind post and great photos from Woo at the following link:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=43282.0

KARDIAK KID

OUR NEW RIFLEMEN AND NEW VOLUNTEERS.
Dusty old helmet, rusty old gun,
They sit in the corner and wait –
Two souvenirs of the Second World War
That have withstood the time, and the hate.
Many times I've wanted to ask them –
And now that we're here all alone,
Relics all three of a long ago war –
Where has freedom gone?
Mute witness to a time of much trouble,
Where kill or be killed was the law –
Were these implements used with high honor?
What was the glory they saw?
Freedom flies in your heart like an eagle.
Let it soar with the winds high above
Among the spirits of soldiers now sleeping,
Guard it with care and with love.
I salute my old friends in the corner.
I agree with all they have said –
And if the moment of truth comes tomorrow,
I'll be free, or By God, I'll be dead!
Audie Murphy

KARDIAK KID

EVERYONE LOVES FRED!! OUR 2 BOLT GUNNERS WERE SHOOTING 207'S.
Dusty old helmet, rusty old gun,
They sit in the corner and wait –
Two souvenirs of the Second World War
That have withstood the time, and the hate.
Many times I've wanted to ask them –
And now that we're here all alone,
Relics all three of a long ago war –
Where has freedom gone?
Mute witness to a time of much trouble,
Where kill or be killed was the law –
Were these implements used with high honor?
What was the glory they saw?
Freedom flies in your heart like an eagle.
Let it soar with the winds high above
Among the spirits of soldiers now sleeping,
Guard it with care and with love.
I salute my old friends in the corner.
I agree with all they have said –
And if the moment of truth comes tomorrow,
I'll be free, or By God, I'll be dead!
Audie Murphy

Moylan

Hooray for Will!  He's been making such good progress and coming awfully close.  I'm so pleased that he made it over that hump--finally, at his ripe old age.   :)

Great work, Will! 
The chief mark of the Declaration of Independence is the theory of equality.  It is the pure classic conception that no man must aspire to be anything more than a citizen, and that no man should endure to be anything less. 

--GK Chesterton

I believe in liberty very much as Jefferson did, allowing for the fact that a hundred years of history and experience have taught me to believe a little more than he did in original sin.

--also GK Chesterton

Lawrence

Congratulations to Will!

At 10 years & one month he becomes the youngest to earn his Rifleman patch at Ramseur that I can remember!

Sadman

ThePoet

Laertes

Thank you for the help you've all given me to get the Rifleman patch I appreciate your nice words. It makes me happy.

Beaver

Great job Will!  I just found the forum tonight and registered.  Been busy with the general election and a darn thing called "a job".  I enjoyed partnering with you during the Appleseed and look forward to seeing you again.  Good luck with all of your endeavors.

molonlabe23

I had a great time with my boy and girl. All of us improved greatly. At the start I could only hit the 100yd mark on the Redcoat and the last one I almost cleared it except for off slightly on the shingle. I was also one hit away from making rifleman if it wasn't for a flyer. That was frustrating! especially since the next and last one, my gun jammed on one of the lines and I missed the time on it and my chance to make it up. I'm planning and looking forward to coming to the April 19th weekend in 2015 to get that badge! and hopefully my children as well. I have them dry fire training everyday now. I really enjoyed the history part, you guys did such a great job with that.

Eric

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata