News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hey Scout!

Started by wilson, December 06, 2008, 03:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilson

Scout,
I thought you'd like to know that my youngest son shot his first Rifleman score this past Wednesday. He's 14 now. He shot it with the same scoped CZ he shot with you back in October 07. He scored 222. He was really proud and so were we. It's been a long battle for him, with lots of frustration, but he persevered. We shoot AQTs at our local range every three months or so. So far the range owners are not interested in hosting an Appleseed, but I've not given up. We've done a couple of what I call "mini Appleseeds" with friends. It boils down to just a couple of hours of instruction and practice on the 1" squares then shoot the AQT for score.
God bless you and yours.
Bill Hickman
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

ashrn03

Congratulations on shooting the AQT with a CZ!  I'm assuming it's a bolt gun - I shoot a CZ452 and can attest to the rifles accuracy.  It's a fine piece of equipment but, as your son knows, you've got to maintain good position, trust your NPOA, and manipulate the bolt smoothly to print good groups.  A bit challenging at first but I find bolt gunners to be more focused (as well as being better looking and having fewer cavities,  ::) but I'm getting is off-topic . . .). 
The way to herd cats is to offer treats