News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gainesville, FL Nov. 29-30, 2014

Started by 9mm4545, December 01, 2014, 08:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

What a fantastic weekend! Great shooters, great weather, and much fun was had by all. More to follow, along with photos.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Minutemom

Well now, where are the promised photos, lol?  I think this is the first time I didn't manage to take a single picture.
It WAS a fantastic weekend.  Beautiful weather, a line full of patriots wanting to learn about their heritage, and attitudes of determination rounded out the weekend.  I think the only thing more exciting than blowing Rambo Granny's orange hat to smithereens was seeing the improvement in marksmanship that took place.  Congrats to Kyle for earning the patch (again!).  For those unable to make the score this time, there is a rifleman inside of you waiting to be unleashed!  I saw first hand that every one of you is capable of shooting score with a little dry fire practice at home!  Thanks to all of the shooters and instructors who made my weekend!  I love you guys!  I hope to see you all again soon!! O0
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

TomM1Thumb

I am Not Quite sure, How He did it, But in one AQT Kyle went from a 199 score to a 239 or 240 score, Way to Go Kyle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic!!!!!!
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine