News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO, CA NOVEMBER 18-19 AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, November 18, 2014, 11:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

WOW!!!

What a great event.  The weather was pleasant (well, that is when the wind wasn't blowing on Sunday), the shooters were AWESOME!!, the staff was wonderful (as usual).

11folks came out Saturday and 14 on Sunday to share in what I consider the great American pastime...learning to shoot as riflemen and riflewomen at an Appleseed.

We got started with the safety briefing, got the rifles on the line and checked, red coats posted and we were off and running with the teaching.  This group showed right away that they were here to do some serious learning.  Groups began shrinking and positions firmed up.

A break for lunch and some awesome history (part of the great American pastime.) told by Melissa, Neve and Ducky.

After lunch, we returned to the line and more teaching.  Even managed to get in a couple of AQT's before quitting for the day.  Much improvement by all. 

3 incognito instructors were out visiting and getting in some trigger time and showed that they still knew very well what they were about by posting rifleman scores.

Sunday, brought some clouds and a light wind that had a bite of winter to it. 

All our shooters returned, plus Hans wife and two boys.  We were wondering if John had decided not to rejoin us, but just as we were getting ready to shoot the first Red Coat, he came roaring up on a motorcycle, rifle case strapped to his back...not about to miss a single thing!

We reviewed the teaching of Saturday and proceeded to the AQT's.  Scores were looking very nice.  John posted a nice 204. 

High score of the weekend however, went to Hans, 244!!!  Nice work!!

Ute, you did a great job!!  Keep practicing and I hope to see you & Chuck at another shoot either in Sacramento or up in Red Bluff or Hat Creek.

Chris and Meghan, awesome!!!!  Come back again and bring friends...oh and you can bring Mike and Lisa too.

Mike and Lisa...well...awesome as usual.  Mike, thanks for putting on your invisible orange hat and demoing seated for Joe. 

Hans, Pascal, Ann and Jesse...great work guys!!

Chris, John Pat, and Joel..Keep up the good work and hope to see you at another event soon!!

Thanks to those who helped us tear down and clean up. It means a lot to have the extra help to allow us to get cleaned up quickly.

Thanks to my wonderful instructors who make my job sooo easy!

Your instructors:

Name               Forum name
Laurie               NorCal22Gal  (shoot boss)
Joe               eaglescouter
Mike               Neve
Matthew            Scoutcamper
Linda               Ducky
Melissa            Melissa

eaglescouter

Photo batch 1
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

eaglescouter

Photo batch 2

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

eaglescouter

--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Neve

What a great weekend! It's always a pleasure to meet all the wonderful people that come to these events and this weekend was no exception. Thanks to everyone who made it down and a big thanks to my fellow instructors, especially NorCal22Gal and Eaglescouter for making the trip all the way from Redding to make this shoot possible. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I hope to see you all very soon.

Mike

Melissa

Appleseed seems to attract the most amazing, salt-of-the-earth folks who I'm always so grateful to be around... thank you all so much for another fantastic shoot. :) What a beautiful weekend, and a great line of Americans turned Riflemen in heart. See you all again next month!

Melissa

Vinnie