News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO, CA OCT 18-19, 2014 AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, October 21, 2014, 01:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Well even though we had a small turnout for this event it was a wonderful event.

2 shooters for Sat and Sunday. 

Beautiful October weather...ok..Sunday was a touch on the summery side.

Chris and Rob came out Saturday and put in a full day of learning and shooting and improving.  Chris is new to Appleseed, but not to shooting and he really picked up what we were teaching and put it to good use.  By the end of the day he posted a 201.  Rob is a returning shooter and worked hard to improve his technique.  His scores were in the upper 170's I think.

The strikes were wonderfully well done as usual.

We added some fun to our October shoot...some pumpkins and spiders showed up on the sheets that usually have squares on them...and later in the afternoon...green paintballs appeared and stuck to some of the pumpkins and spiders...making a satisfyingly green SPLAAT! on the paper.  The plank on the evening Red Coat even sported a green paint ball.  The targets were enjoyed by all.

Sunday brought Rob back, but Chris had another obligation and said he'll be back another time.  Dean, a returning Rifleman from the Bay Area decided to come out and have some fun with us on Sunday though.  A review of Saturday, and the AQT's came out......Rob quickly showed that he was putting the pieces together as his scores climbed up. 

A break for lunch and some wonderful stories of the Dangerous Old Men and the Determined Dangerous Dames.

Rob showed that he knew well what he was about...posted a 215 and a 216.  Dean reminded us that he too knows what he is about...216 & 215 (please correct me Dean if I misremember those)

One other thing.........

DUCKY HAS A NEW HAT!!!!  DUCKY IS OFFICIALLY A FULL INSTRUCTOR COMPLETE WITH A PRETTY NEW RED HAT!!    ^:)^ ^:)^ :~ :--- :--- :---

Thank you to the shooters for staying and helping us clean up.

Thank you to my instructors for making this shoot and all shoots wonderful, safe and fun.

I'm sure there will be some pictures posted later.

Again, thanks to all who came out.

Laurie

Vinnie

PinBreaker

scoutcamper

Photos!

The NM you see is from Mr. Neve shooting Eaglescouters Garand. Talk about riflemans bubble

BerettA-C

Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Duncan

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I'll blow your heart out." Kit Carson

Ducky

Thanks so much for your congrats, Brett, Duncan and Donna!!  :) Hope to see you again soon!

Best always,
Linda/Ducky
Freedom, in a political context, means freedom from government coercion. It does not mean freedom from the landlord, or freedom from the employer, or freedom from the laws of nature which do not provide men with automatic prosperity. It means freedom from the coercive power of the state, and nothing else.--Ayn Rand