News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD; October 25-26 2014

Started by southseasnurse, October 27, 2014, 04:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southseasnurse

We had a beautiful weekend of shooting; temps started in the 50's, rose to the 70's without a cloud in the sky all weekend.  Saturday we had 17 motivated shooters on the line, including 14 first timers.  Students took instruction well and were rapt during the first strike.  Everybody stuck it out through an AQT, and several were within striking distance of rifleman scores at the end of a long day. 

Sunday saw 9 motivated shooters on the line with the same great weather.  After a bit of review and a motivating history lesson from NavyBowHunter, we launched into the grind.  We got in a 5 AQTs, punctuated by a rousing retelling of the second Strike and DOM by TheTopher.  Finished up the day with three new riflepersons, including Matthew (210; sorry I didn't have any North Bridge water to hand; )), Lindsay (212), and Jim (215 initially, backed it up with a 220 later in the day).  Lindsay can flat shoot, because she followed up her rifle woman score with a clean redcoat at sunday's close.  Thanks for a great weekend to our students and our motivated team of instructors , including WhyWon, AlexW, AvidShooter123, and NavyIrish!  NavyBowHunter has made some photos available at the following link:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxT3dg1kPb6CZ1MtdVhHRUVRVDA&usp=sharing
'Ask a Soviet engineer to design a pair of shoes and he'll come up with something that looks like the boxes that the shoes came in; ask him to make something that will massacre Germans, and he turns into Thomas %&*#ing Edison.'-Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

navybowhunter

This was a great shoot!  Awesome to see a "Family" of shooters on the line.

Shootboss ran a great event, only wish that more shooters would have returned on Sunday. However, we knew that many had prior committments to honor, especially the Active Duty Navy attendees.

Was proud to be a part of it.

R/
Chris

ChestyPuller

I want to thank the shoot boss and all the instructors for a fun time and some great learning. I had a great time despite my sitting position frustrations and equipment problems. I did manage a 207 on Sunday because Alex doesn't really like chocolate donuts. I will be back soon,

Thanks all

Hank
First shot hit under time pressure is the goal of every rifleman.

navybowhunter

Right on Hank!

Donuts will not get it! LOL

R/
Chris