Author Topic: When are the new schedules coming out?  (Read 2343 times)

Offline MagnumFarce

When are the new schedules coming out?
« on: October 29, 2014, 10:38:20 AM »
I like to plan for events like this fairly far in advance.  I have been watching the website and the only events listed are through the end of 2014.  Does anyone know when the schedule for 2015 will start to be posted?

Offline scoob

• Retired Instructor
  • It's the LIBERTY, stupid!
Re: When are the new schedules coming out?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 12:00:15 PM »
The Appleseed schedule is dependent upon host range schedules, in most cases.  It's also highly dependent upon the availability of local volunteers, as we say "Local Boots on the Ground" (LBOTG).  Just observing the calendar planning at my local ranges, between now and the end of the year is when the range calendars are being discussed, voted on, and then approved.  As far as I know, there is no 'drop-dead-date' for Appleseed events to be posted.  Some areas are already listed.  Worst-case, some areas won't have events listed until next May or later.

You don't have to be an instructor to get involved in the planning process.  I would suggest getting on your state board (MN Appleseed Board) and ask about the status of your state schedule, and preferably, volunteer some input.  Assuming from your profile you're in MN, of course, you have one heck of a cadre of volunteers there.  Get in touch with ColonialIron, AFTERMATH, or Kosciusko.  At least they will be able to tell you who is involved in the schedule planning.

Hope this helps.
Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho
--------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure and LIKE and SHARE our Facebook page: 
Northwest Region Project Appleseed
--------------------------------------------------------------
During the whole affair, the rebels attacked us in a very scattered, irregular manner, but with perseverance and resolution, nor did they ever dare to form into a regular body. Indeed they knew too well what was proper, to do so. Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..."Gen. Hugh, Earl Percy

Offline MagnumFarce

Re: When are the new schedules coming out?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 11:50:54 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I think that Aftermath was one of the team at the appleseed I attended in Rochester this year.  I figured that since it is all volunteer, the timetable for posting would be flexible.  Just waiting to see if I have open dates that would work.
Pat