News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

27-28 Dec AS

Started by SamD, October 31, 2008, 02:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

Still haven't heard back from the powers that be on this shoot.
Still time though.

Any news from the rest of the NM Committee of Correspondence?

Sam

SamD

Update,
We are on.
SavageShooter has the info and will post it soon.
Now we just need a shoot boss and instructors ;D

Sam

twh731

Thanks Sam.  It's kind of confusing to have so many different forum posts to jump to.  I'm sure there is a way to clean them up and organize them but it's beyond the scope of my experience as webmaster (ha).  I will put out a regional request for SB and instructors via Scout.  Tom
Appleseed is history in the re-making!

WestTx

Hey, Sam! I'll be an IIT for your shoot.
Rifleman. That says it all.

SamD

Thanks WestTx,
With the rest of the local contingent that should make 4 of us.

Hopefully we can get an IBC in before that. That'll get us all up to speed ;D

BTW, It ain't my shoot  ;)
It's peoples shoot 8)

We're doing it for them wither they realize it of not ;D
I don't have ANYTHING better to do.

Sam

WestTx

OK, I'll be there for the introduction and refreshing of memories for the folks that show up. Hate that term "peoples". Reminds me of something else. ;D
And if I don't get to an IBC before then, we'll wing it. Or adapt, improvise and overcome.

SamD

OK,
it not the "peoples shoot"
It "America's shoot" ;)
then we don't get into all that Peepuls Republic stuff

SavageShootr

The event page has been sent on to be posted.

The event is listed on the Instructors schedule, so PM Nickle, Fred, and Junior Birdman to get yourself listed as Instructor.

As far as an IBC, get one together. PM each other, come up with a couple of dates and get with JB on it.
Maybe post here to get an idea of how many would be interested. Get in touch with TaosGlock and Bluefeather too.

Good Luck with the event I shall now refer to as America's shoot.  ;D ;D ;D

SamD Thank you for your work on this. I know you were helping out because Twh731 was out of town. Nice work, both of you guys, working together to make your state a better one.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Scout

What a great chance to get outside and away from the Family and relatives who crowded into your house for the Holidays ;).

The perfect opportunity to tell them, "Guys, you know I would love to sit around and watch some more home movies from the last fifteen years you guys all have of yourselves while we drink some kind of funky cider drinks, but, I promised the Founding Fathers I would learn to shoot my Rifle to "Rifleman" standards and I will be taking the new rifle I got for Christmas, and going to the range where I will have to camp out with a lot of other rough and ready men there. Eat beef jerky and tell shooting and hunting stories. You know how much I hate spending time in the company of Riflemen, but I will do it, if I have to, for my country (think of the children for Pete's sake!!)" ;D.

SamD, BlueFeather and Taos, West Texas and several others will be there to guide you along your path to becoming a Rifleman. I just spent a few days with these guys in NM last week, and I can tell you they do not make finer people than the folks I just named.

They are sharp and true. One thing though, as ready and as tough as those guys are, they can not run the state by themselves. Would that they could, but they can not. They will need your help out there. NM shooters have a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the program there and be the people that the history books in NM will be talkig about when they refer to the "original instructors who started Appleseed in NM".

PM SamD, Taos or BlueFeather and get them ready to start you on the path to becoming a Rifleman. This is the last chance you will get this year to say "I started with the Appleseed Program in NM in 2008". The next shoot is in 2009. ;) 
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

WestTx

What a great way to experience the desert Southwest, look upon the grandeur of the "purple-mountained majesties", meet new people, learn about our heritage, become better at rifle marksmanship.

Scout

Lets Go! Lets Go! Touchdown New Mexico!

Let's make the Alamogordo Shoot in New Mexico on the 27-28 the biggest in NM's year for 2008. How can we do this? Let's hit the streets(internet) and give this shoot a push from all areass of the country. You do not need to be in New Mexico to help promote this shoot. Thanks to the WWW, you can promote a shoot anywhere in the world from the comfort of your home.

Search out all the newspapers in NM and send them short descriptions of the shoot they can publish in their paper, list the event on every community calendar in the state (and in the surrounding states).

Look up locations in NM and get the event listed on local lists, craiglist, range and gun club sites etc.

All you have to do is google one town, get the site and post a preprepared message on the site. 2 minutes and you are done. If all of our members took two minutes to do this tonight, we would swamp the state. Think about that. With two minutes, shoulder to shoulder with your fellow Appleseeders, you could swamp the state of NM with promo for the December shoot.

Lets Go! Lets Go!- Lets help New Mexico!!!! ;D   
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

wcmartin1

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837