News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fredericksburg, TX Ladyseed - October 18-19, 2014

Started by Bullet, October 22, 2014, 08:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bullet

It's always a pleasure to join the fine crew at Fredericksburg for their annual Ladyseed. Women's events have a special feel to them, and this was no exception. The ladies were pleasant company and I enjoyed the camaraderie, the participants' enthusiastic and genuine desire to soak up as much information as they could, and the freedom everyone felt to ask questions and be sure they understood.

Shannon, you were such a natural that I really didn't believe it was your first Appleseed. Keep going for that patch...and orange hat, right?

Bonnie gets the farthest-traveled award and again, I had a hard time believing that you were a brand-new shooter. You are such a good learner. Great work with the iron sights.

Deanie, you are a Riflewoman in the making. Sorry you had to leave early..I would have loved seeing some of your AQT's. Next time! (PS THANK YOU again for the coffee!)

Maria, kudos for bring out an AR and figuring out how to use it! So proud of you for your determination to experiment and figure out how to make everything work.

Dea, you stuck it out allll weekend long! Wasn't it an amazing feeling when we added the cheek riser and suddenly you actually had shot groups on target?!

Janet and Alejandra, it's always great to see you two on the line. You two get NPOA award for you star targets! Keep up the dryfire work between shoots, and I'll see you around.

Anita and Tanya, good to see your familiar faces every time I come to Fredericksburg. Thanks for all you do - not just shooting and Appleseeding, but in your lives. (And yes, Tanya, when you shoot, it's OK to take a minute to *relax* and not worry about the state of our nation... :P then when you finish shooting you can go back to saving it)

To the instructors: Mark, Jerry, Don, Jeremy, Sunny, Tanya....you did brunt of the shoot work with all the promotions and setup, and you had my back all weekend. Great to know I can count on you. Thank you. Don and Jeremy, good work on history and you are both so close to red hats. Soon!!

See you all next time!
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

scuzzy

Orale! Da bueno!!

Sounds like you all had a good shoot. FBG is a great place full of good people.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

A-lister

Wow it looks like it was a great shoot! My hats off to you all. Wish I could have been there. Keep up the great work.
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson