News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Summerville GA - Sun Only - Advice Needed

Started by Two Mikes, October 03, 2014, 03:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Mikes

My family schedule may allow me to attend the Sunday portion of the Appleseed Shoot in Summerville on Oct. 12th.  I've attended a Saturday session earlier in the year and have been dry firing often since then.   My goal and purpose is to earn the patch.

I'm looking for advice about whether I should do Sunday at Summerville or wait until Nov's Macon Shoot.  Is there any difference between the two?

Regards,

Mike
Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

If you remove from people all ability to protect themselves, they will insist upon a police state, for their own safety.

Moylan

If you've already done the Saturday instruction, and have been practicing what you learned, then it's a fantastic idea to go out for the Sunday portion of this coming event.  Generally, all the instruction is done on the Saturday, and Sunday is for practicing those skills.  Probably the instructors will do a quick refresher for everyone, but even if they don't, you can check with the shoot boss to see if someone can spend a few minutes with you to remind you of the basics. 
The chief mark of the Declaration of Independence is the theory of equality.  It is the pure classic conception that no man must aspire to be anything more than a citizen, and that no man should endure to be anything less. 

--GK Chesterton

I believe in liberty very much as Jefferson did, allowing for the fact that a hundred years of history and experience have taught me to believe a little more than he did in original sin.

--also GK Chesterton

freedomzxcv

Do both, and bring a friend to Macon. The good thing about Macon is that it will be about 50 degrees cooler than the last one you went to.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - CS Lewis

Guardian

Two Mikes,

Please forgive my late response. I will be shoot bossing the Summerville event. I'd love to have you attend the event! We will be shooting a reduced round count course of fire at the request of several attendees. A PM is coming to you with some details.

Two Mikes

Thanks for the heads-up about the low round count. 

Can I make a suggestion?   On the Current Appleseed Schedule page, could Appleseed indicate which ones are LRC and which ones are not?
Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

If you remove from people all ability to protect themselves, they will insist upon a police state, for their own safety.