News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

MRE group buy on INGO

Started by smiledochill, September 19, 2014, 08:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smiledochill

This is usually ran very smoothly.  These are the same components as the military MRE's but packaged for civilian sales.  http://ingunowners.com/forums/group-buys/359429-2014-ameriqual-apack-mre-group-buy.html#post5298555
If he doesn't get a full 48 cases worth of interest he may not do it, and I'll go hungry. :-[   ;D 
If you are not on INGO let me know and I may add you to my order then just get with me to pay and pickup.  These are the low sodium ones so if you are like me and not a 20 something humping it hard all day it isn't deadly unhealthy like some of the others I've eaten. 
It works out to $4.90 per "meal" and each meal has enough food to be 1.5/2 meals.  In short it is really cheap groceries.   https://www.readymeal.com/store/home.php

brianheeter

Thanks for posting this.  I just got on board for two cases.

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Hop

I think I still have a case from the last group buy.  The main courses were pretty good but I really didn't care for the sides.  Mainly those fig bars (gack) and not a big fan of skittles either.

I've had another brand that had sides like jalapeno cheese & crackers and peanut butter M&M's as sides.  I can't remember who makes those.

grunt soldier

Hop those are the actual military mre's
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Big John

Hop

You're probably right grunt.  The APack comes with a small salt water pack to activate the heater, the .mil does not.  I'm in for another case I guess.

Everyone should have something like this ready to go.  Short story....
A car club buddy in Oklahoma lost his entire house in a tornado.  Our club (nation wide) sent all kinds of care packs to him.  I sent a back pack, surefire flashlight, extra batteries, work gloves, water bottle & a few MRE.  He used this when on-site to dig through his destroyed house trying to secure valuables.  No power, no water, no real security, nothing for over a week.

Think about it!

smiledochill

I just like them for the convenience and inexpensive factor. 
Trip to the range, day long class to take...grab one of these and you have everything you need for a meal if not the day event.  No worrying about leftovers going bad, forgot a spoon or brought a spoon and need a fork, it is all in there.  Their shelf life makes it so that you don't have to add getting food to your todo list prior to an event.  Plus at work I don't get lunch enough to count on having food in the break room fridge that is still edible.  I keep a case or two at the office and go through them every 2 years or so.  Added benefit of having them around I'm less worried about getting snowed in at work and can throw one in the car for the trip home if the weather is getting ugly just in case I spend the night in a ditch/snow drift.

I thought they would be ideal must have's for AS instructors.  Grab and go and you have what you need for a 1-2 day event. 

At $4.90 per "meal", consider each meal is really 1.5 meals and then factor in the amount of food we buy that spoils prior to buying it.  It is cheap groceries. 
Granted this only fits if you are like me and REALLY don't care that your food isn't gourmet. 
I'm just under Andrew Zimmern and Bear Grylls in ranking for guys that don't care how good their food is.   ;)