News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Bedford, IN September 20-21, 2014 (TONS of pics)

Started by techres, September 22, 2014, 02:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techres

What a great weekend!  Can't wait for our illustrious shoot boss to get this started, so I am just going to say:

What a wonderful set of students and what a beautiful weekend.  Me & mine had a ball.

Below are some pictures from this weekend.  A full set can be seen & downloaded here: http://tinyurl.com/bedford92014

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Nero

We've gotta get out there again...

Interesting to see the range evolving.  I don't think those support posts for the 25m line are going anywhere anytime soon.

What's that out in the fields, Chilidog?  Soy?  Ethanol racket having a down year?   ;D  Gotta have something to feed the hogs and sushi lovers...
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

greyfox

Insanely superb photos...puts me right back there on the firing line. Thank you techres!   

Best Appleseed weekend ever.

To Chili Dog and to the extraordinary Bedford Contingent blue hats who hosted and provided everything from food to drink...and to every shooter who shared that glorious weekend with the Appleseed instructors...you absolutely rock!

We all went home tired but happy.

America! 

Loren

slim

That APPLESEED really pops on those shirts. And Davey, suns out guns out!

Looks like an awesome event. You guys just keep gettin lucky there at Bedford!

PHenry

Techres,
How u paste large, hi-res pics directly into post?  :wb:
Nicely done sir.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Uncle Davey

Slim you will notice that the instructors in that picture are paying attention to the RH giving NPOA!
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

Bot Coach

^:)^Great Event, thanks to all for hosting.  Thanks to Rayne for the rifle loans.  Thanks for those RIBS!!!

JSW

:---Thanks so much for coming out this weekend.   Great group of shooters.  Awesome to have my family out to Appleseed. Come on back first chance you get and bring someone new.  Grab a copy of Paul Revere's Ride and read it. Get involved!  JSW
Great pics Techres!

techres

Chilidog

Awesome weekend! Awesome shooters! Did anyone notice it was just about half of the shooters were under 18? That was PERFECT!
Congratulations to Zack and Jathan  our latest RIFLEMEN! Jathan persevered and got it on the last AQT of the day and Zack got it right after the 20 BBQ ribs he ate at lunch! Great job! Thank you to every one who came out we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

YES NERO, those are soy beans! Its whats for dinner! We cant wait for you to come back too. Maybe in February when its 10 and
snowing? :)

Slim too bad you were not here to ride the dirt bike and run down the Redcoats hiding in the beans!
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

Big John

Very good weekend. We have some young future riflemen amongst us. Shane and Ryan and Evan and a bunch of other youths had great attitude and perseverance. Good persistence with the adults too, I enjoyed seeing Kelly laying it down and setting the bar for her sons.

Weather was wonderful, and the food was better. Very stoked by Jathan pulling it out at the end; he could have gone home, or he could have shot steel, but he saw it within reach, stuck with the AQT, reached out and got his Rifleman. A rifleman persists, especially when powered by Chili's and Ed's BBQ ribs.

I have some pictures some place, but my phone can't compete with the TechRes Press Package with which we have been graced (those are awesome pictures.)

For our future riflemen (and everyone else too), remember you can practice your positions, your dry fire, your six steps, your NPOA, your transitions into position and mag changes at home in the comfort of the living room. Just make sure the ammo is not in the same room and be sure to follow all the safety rules at all times. Do that, and your range time will be better spent.

Remember what the shoot boss said as well. Find out what your local government positions do, then check up on them. Send them a letter with what you think of the job they're doing, then move up to your representatives. An informed, active citizenry is vital to keeping our country running. I can't tell you what to think on the issues of the day, only you can decide that, but make sure you're informed and participating.

Thanks.

SPQR

The air hung damp and cold as slivers of star shot sun broke the horizon. They stood in their kitchen anxious, awake with the heightened sense of fear. The dim light of the lamps could not deter the coming dawn and, in the distance, the bells began to peal. They came again, two by two, and the alarm was unmistakable. The Regulars are out and something must be done.  And who must do it? 

Thank you to the students for your exertions. I can only hope our meager efforts have helped push you towards a greater understanding of the caliber of people who brought us here.

Thank you blue hats. Your efforts make us what we are.

HUZZAH Riflemen!!!  Huzzah Jathan!!!!

HUZZAH BEDFORD !!!
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Loctite

Since my first Appleseed with Chilidog and Bomber I have always tried to focus on something inspiring from each event. You have to admit seeing preteen girls or paraplegic shooters not only participate but actually become riflemen is something to behold. I've witnessed both and I believe that is the passion that burned in our founding fathers.

This weekend I saw a young man who apparently has no "quit" in him, perseverance, tenacious, persistent, focused, are all words that came to mind as I watched him shoot AQT after AQT, coming up short time after time and then on the last AQT of the day he finally crossed the 210 mark and reached his goal. I had nothing to do with his victory but it sure made me proud of him.

He did more than just become a rifleman, he restored my hope in a generation I thought might be lost to the internet and video games.   

If I could say anything to Jathan, it would be "Thanks" and "Well Done"

Orangedotfever

I'm so sorry BC. I was afraid when I took my Orange Hat that my work schedule would hurt. Was assured that work was stabilizing and a regular schedule would happen. Just so happens that my weekends all fell on Bedford weekends and dealing with my mother's estate really hurt any chances of traveling. Really miss you guys and hope to turn it around in 2015.

Looks like Bedford rocked it, as usual.
"Need", has nothing to do with it!

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."  John Wayne

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb.

techres

Shoot Boss sent some pictures to add in:

And where is the SB?  Oh, I think he is talking to one of those red coat steel targets hiding in the bean field.

JSW

Congrats on your accomplishment Jathan!   You have worked hard to get there don't let up now, you are just getting started.  JSW

Chilidog

No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

Unbridled Liberty

I have come to expect outstanding events from the Indiana instructor corps, but y'all have outdone yourselves.  This was my first time at Bedford, and I am greatly looking forward to returning.  Chilidog, Loctite,Bomber and Monty; thank you for all your work in making this venue so extra special. SPQR; I tip my red cap to you, sir.  S2S, Rayne, Techres, Tater, Big John and JSW; well...good to work with you all again.  And it was great meeting you Uncle Davey and Greyfox.  I look forward to working with you both again in the future.

I must confess I was not able to memorize all the shooters names, but I do remember Lydia, George, Samantha, Dirk, Colton, Shane, Reagan, John, Evan, and Christian.  It was nice meeting you all. 

A few links...

Learn about Liberty:
Online Library of Liberty http://oll.libertyfund.org/

Register to vote and then go vote, AFTER you research the candidates and issues you will be voting on!
Project Vote Smart http://votesmart.org/

Keep an eye on your representatives; keep them accountable! 
Congress.org
http://congress.org/congressorg/megavote/
http://www.govtrack.us

Indiana Election Commission: Online Poll Worker Training, Voter registration, etc.
http://www.in.gov/sos/elections/2404.htm

Who's On Your Ballot?
https://indianavoters.in.gov/PublicSite/Public/FT1/PublicOnBallotSearch.aspx
This feature allows you to find all of the candidates and public questions that will be on your ballot in the next election.

Indiana General Assembly:
http://iga.in.gov/         

Here is a cool free iPhone/Android phone app that a shooter recently told me about.
http://www.capitolbells.com/splash/
"By picking up radio signals sent from the U.S. Capitol Building, Capitol Bells provides real-time vote updates from the floors of both chambers of Congress."  It also lets you "vote" in real-time on legislation, right alongside your representatives. 

Long live Liberty!  Long live the Republic!

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

scuzzy

Most excellent pics. They fun you guys generated, and I'm sure the knowledge, comes shining through via the pixels.

Great job.

The first pic with the mirror glasses -well cool and imaginative.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.