News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CRPC, Charlotte, NC Sept 6-7th, 2014

Started by Pelon, September 08, 2014, 06:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelon

Greetings All,
This weekend we were at the Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club in Waxhaw, NC.  They have a beautiful club and we are most thankful for them as a host to Appleseed.

We had a great weekend with a big turnout.  We had 29 shooters on the line Saturday morning and most returning on Sunday.  We had about 15 shooters who were new to Appleseed; about 12 of those were new to shooting.  The weather was beautiful, however, it did get a little hot Saturday afternoon.
I am excited to tell you that we had 7 riflemen, 2 long distance riflemen (their scores are listed below), 4 orange hats and some strong promotions.  Rusty_Bucket got his Red Hat!  Congrats Rusty_Bucket!!!  And I got my Green Hat.  We also had members of the CRPC Jr Rifle Team join us this weekend and they all shot very well.

I want to thank all the Instructors who came out this weekend.  It wouldn't have been a success without all of your help.  You ALL did a great job.  I've already gotten 6 emails thanking everyone for the great job and most of those said they would be back in November and bring someone with them!

We were also excited to have 'Hammerforged' visiting us from Michigan this weekend.  He was working several hours away and had a day off, so he came over to visit.  He jumped right in and was helping with instruction all day.  Thanks again, Hammerforged!  It was a pleasure to meet you.

Please post your pictures from the event below. 

Thanks!
Pelon

SCORES:
Katherine H.   228
Simon F.   215   and   200 Long Range
Anthony T.         214 Long Range
Terry R.      221
Christian G.   233
Daniel M.   217
Aaron M.   227

ThePoet

I don't see Natalie T. on the list.  I believe she shot a 218.

ThePoet

It was a pleasure to work with everyone.  Here are some photos.

ThePoet

more photos

ThePoet

ThePoet

ThePoet

It's great to see teenagers step up to become Orange hats.

Pain Killer

We had invited the Charlotte Junior Rifle team to come as guests, so we had a lot of kids. (Kids that are incredible shooters and very well mannered). Pelon did a fantastic job as SBIT3! We ran 2 long distance AQT's on day 2 with 6 shooters and two 16 year olds scored KD rifleman! Huzzah!

This was a great weekend of Marksmanship and Heritage. Thank you to all the Instructors and Participants for such a great event!

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Hammer Forged

First of all a BIG Michigan "Thank You" to the North Carolina Cadre for allowing me to spend my Sunday with some really great Americans dedicated to preserve our shared History and Heritage.

Huzzah!

I would also like to thank the weatherman for the slight breeze and keeping it below 100F for the day.

I had the pleasure of working with Terry & Susan most of the day Sunday. You guys were super safe and persistent through the Sunday AQT Grind - you did great.  Susan, keep practicing and dry firing. You will make rifleman with persistence. It's a mental game of putting it all together on the same AQT. (Wouldn't it be nice if you could cut and paste your AQTs at the end of the day and get the best score from each stage?)  But with patience and practice it will all come together, soon, watching your groups shrink on the 4th stage of the AQT is why I love this program. (A few less Rifle issues would help as well...)

I would like to invite my new North Carolina friends to a Michigan Winterseed - yes, bring all the clothes you own.

Let it begin here!

Tinnitus?    No, its Liberty calling!

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Pain Killer

Thank you for the nice words Hammer Forged. It was a pleasure having you with us on Sunday. Every Michigan Instructor I have had the pleasure of meeting or communicating with have been great people and you are no exception!

Thanks Again,
PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison