News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Westhampton Beach, NY - Sept 6 & 7, 2014

Started by VietVet, September 08, 2014, 09:28:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietVet

Our second Appleseed Event at this location is now in the books.
Both Events "SOLD OUT" in less then 24 hours.

Long Island Practical Shooters Association or as it's called out here LIPSA opened it arms and welcomed us with such warmth. Ranges on LI willing to host our events are just about non existent so it was GREAT to hear Manny, the range President make the announcement that "Appleseed had found a home at LIPSA".
Many future Appleseed Shoots will be held there. THANK YOU MANNY! THANK YOU LIPSA!
Long Island, NY is back and back stronger then ever before.

The Shooters were great and all showed up with a very teachable attitude. Never quitting, never tiring.
Thank you to all our Shooters who made Instructing at this event a pleasure.

Congrats to David who shot the score and earned his Rifleman Patch with a 218.
Congrats to our Repeat Rifleman Scott and Frank who did it again.

Thanks to my Instructor Crew who without you this would not have been possible...................
    Josey Wales, Barbie, Heather, heartlessmcfly, BBQ Chris, Anniemae.

Thanks and welcome to our TWO NEW ORANGE HATS, Scott (Short Circuit)  and Tom (Incognito) who have now joined the NY Team and are eager to join the other Instructors on the Appleseed trail.

Special mention to Gavin our youth shooter who joined us this weekend. Our future looks very bright with youth like him.
Congrats to Tom for winning our "Fun Shoot". He knocked out that TV and hopefully now some sleeping Americans will get off their couch and join us at the next one.

Thanks all for a great, very rewarding Event.

Many more to follow at our NEW LI HOME!!!

Here's a few photos from our Shoot.
My camera died mid day Saturday so whoever has the photo of Scott (Short Circuit) accepting his hat please post it.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Incognito

I am thrilled with the wonderful job that VietVet and his team (listed in the opening post) did in making this event a huge success. I learned a lot about our heritage and marksmanship skills in the two events I attended in Westhampton thanks to these guys.

Most, if not all, of the participants at this event are members of the Long Island Firearms forum. The appreciation of the Appleseed volunteers and its program is well documented there. http://www.longislandfirearms.com/forum/forum/34-appleseed-project/

Long Island is lucky to have Rich as our neighbor.

Smurf

heartlessmcfly

Another great shoot in the books! This would be my 8th or 9th event (shooting/working). I love going to these as I learn something new every time. It was an honor working for josey and vietvet.

LittleMo

Great job by all, both shooters and instructors!

Congrats and welcome to Short Circuit and Incognito!

O0

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

Barbie

Great shoot guys,  it was a blast working with ya'll.

Shooters, keep on truckin'... you guys showed enthusiasm and persistence throughout the weekend, and took instruction to heart.  I look forward to working with you guys again on the line at future events.
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Josey Wales

..I must say it does feel good to have a home in Long Island once again with Project Appleseed at LIPSA. This event was monumental in my eyes. The instructor crew work together smooth as silk. Forget about Long Island rebuilding Long Island instructor crew is rebuilt. To all the IIT's who made this possible thank you very much for sticking with the program and to the ones that just came on board for deciding to join the program. To Barbie, so glad that you were able to show up and lend us a hand. It made a big difference having you there and I can honestly say that once we welcomed you to New York but now you are a part of New York. To Rich/Vietvet, our Senior Instructor who leads from the front keep up the great work keep mentoring the instructor crew and New York will rise from the ashes..

....Strength & Honor, Josey Wales.....
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Barbie

If anyone found a black pair of electronic ear pro on Sunday while cleaning up, please let me know... mine seem to have gone missing.

Thanks! 
- Barb
812-290-4738
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

historybuff

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice."     -Charles de Montesquieu

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy... So this is how liberty dies, with a thunderous applause."    -Star Wars

Dude

Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sailer

Thanks to Rich, Nick, Barbie and Mike as well as the other instructors for a great Project Appleseed weekend.  This was my first time attending this event and I look forward to attending more in the future as a student until I earn my patch and then as an instructor.  Congrats to Scott who obtained his 2nd Rifleman's Patch and became an instructor in training.  Congrats to Dave on his 1st Rifleman's Patch also. God Bless America!

Stephen

ps Thank you to LIPSA (Manny) who stated "Appleseed has found a home at LIPSA"
"Interwoven is the love of liberty with every ligament of the heart."- George Washington