News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marion County Fish and Game/Indianapolis Aug 23 & 24th

Started by Brown, August 27, 2014, 06:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brown

Another Fantastic weekend at Marion County Fish and Game. Eight Great Americans came out to join us and learn about their Heritage and learn a little something about Marksmanship.

Saturday forged one new rifleman in David with a 227 and followed it up with a 212. Not bad for a first timer of an Appleseed.

Sunday found us in unfamiliar waters. We needed to award a Rifleman to a Brit. It was hard but we made it happen with Dale scoring a 222 and backing it up with a 211. In all honesty he is a GREAT AMERICAN. he has been in America for a lot of years and he is definitely "one of us"

Melanie joined us for both days and this was her first time shooting a rifle. She had some pistol experience but we did a little one on one with her and by end of the weekend she was in the 160's. OUTSTANDING.

Alex and Johnathan were both so very disciplined and safe young men. You are welcome on my shooting line anytime!

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Brown

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

greyfox

Marion County Fish and Game is awesome! Beautiful setting alongside the river...ancient trees...outstanding membership, always welcoming and eager to support Project Appleseed. No wonder this has been a "go to" place for local sportsmen and sportswomen since 1907. This was my second event at MCFG and I am eager to get back. 

Special thanks to member Nigel for serving as our member host and joining us (again) on the firing line. And also thanks to new and returning shooters Melanie, Mike, John, Dale, David and our youth shooters Johnathan (What a wonderful student!) and Alexander (...the great!). Congratulations again to David and Dale for earning their Rifleman patches.

As for Brown, gruntsoldier and 308Jake, it was great instructing with you.     

Shooters...I hope to see all of you again soon on the Appleseed trail. Check out our online schedule for upcoming events. I especially encourage each of you to join the Appleseed crew at the Known Distance shoot at Camp Atterbury on October 18 - 19 where you will continue to hone those marksmanship skills and run AQTs...but this time with center fire rifles at full distance...out to an actual 400 yards. Travel light...carry only what you need. Rifle, ammo, water, snacks...this is definitely the next level.   

Next time bring all your friends and family. Why should you be the only one to have all the fun?         

brianheeter

(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

ATM

Great job, everyone.  O0

Quote from: brianheeter on August 28, 2014, 08:20:41 AM
The pictures...they are so small!

Small? ...at this distance, they're like 200 MOA!  ;)
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Old Coach

A great time with a lot of good people and great instructors.  I will not mention the heat.   I didn't make the grade as Rifleman (next time, I hope) but I shot a personal best and improved in several areas.  Congrats to Dale and David for great shooting and Jonathan was a real trooper.   Got to love the way Greyfox tells those stories!   Thanks to all for a great weekend.  Nice to make some new friends.  See ya at the range.