News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Battle Creek, MI August 16-17, 2014

Started by Rascal21, August 08, 2014, 02:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rascal21

Glad we were able to showup for a little bit :) Lots of enthusiasm in this group. Hope to see you all again in Bellevue.

3.Dogs

This was a great weekend.  All of our shooters came out to learn to be better marksmen, and walked away with the history of the first day of this nation of ours.

Throughout this weekend all of our shooters showed great improvement in their shooting.  It has been a pleasure working with all of you.  I hope to see all of our shooters return for another Appleseed in the future.  I have no doubt that each of you can reach that rifleman's score.  Persistence.

:pics:
"Maybe we should call Burbs." - SteelThunder

Click

It was a pleasure working with all of our shooters on what was another fun weekend. Nice weather and students eager to learn what an awesome combination. I am looking forward to seeing you all on the line in the future.  ;D

Graywolf

What a fantastic weekend!  We had great weather, shooters who were eager to learn, and a full line!  It does not get any better.

We had several shooters show great improvement over the weekend and are knocking on the door of a rifleman's score.  Hang in there guys!  A rifleman is persistent.  (There is another shoot in a couple weeks at Bellevue.  Hint, hint.)  Libby and Hannah you did great.  You got this.  Charlie, I told you the steel gong could take that Schmidt-Rubin's ammo.  (I did not make any such claims about the mounting hardware, however. )  Harrison you did a fine job with your muzzle control for someone so young.  My hat is off to you.  In short we had a great time.

Happy Birthday to Punk (one more time.)  Congrats to 3.Dogs on successfully completing his SBIT 3 in fine fashion.  Congrats also to Clida for taking a Blue Hat (She took the forum name Tinkerbelle.)

And now - because  :pics: here we go:
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Graywolf

More Pics:
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

ruger rat

Thanks for letting me join the line on Sunday - that was an unexpected surprise.  This was my 5th Appleseed, and it is always cool to come away with a few things that I didn't know before - either history-wise or concerning a shooting skill.  Thanks to all the instructors, helpers, and fellow-shooters who made the weekend well worth it for Nancy, Hannah, Tom and I.  It's always fun to re-new old acquaintances and expand our Appleseed family.

Congratulations 3.Dogs on getting the green hat.  It was a touching Father /Son moment. 

I bet we all will agree, we played the best birthday party game ever with Punk's Shoot the Butt off the Donkey!  Punk - thank you for sharing your birthday and cake with us!  Did anyone else hear "Eyes and ears!"  "Ears and eyes!" in their sleep? Those girls didn't miss a beat!  Looking forward to seeing some of you in Watervliet.  We'll see if I can attach some pictures...

ruger rat

Obviously, I am having troubles. I have tried several times to post more pictures and keep getting the message "sorry you cannot post new topics in this board" even though I am just replying.  I'm giving up now.  :)

AS.I.R

As always, I have a great time. It was nice to see more people at this event. Congrats to 3Dogs on getting his green hat and for Nancy getting a blue hat. Happy Birthday to Punk, we had a great time with cage, ice cream, and a shooting game (I have an image of team AR's Donkey). I do have some images and video that I will post once I get back home (out of town for a couple days).

I will be disappointed if no one got a good picture of the trench I was working on. **)

I hope to see some of you at the Bellevue shoot.
"The path to Rifleman is /user/appleseed/rifleman"

"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

AS.I.R

Here are some pictures I have. I still need to upload the videos.

The metal plate got a work out between 7 or so .22LR, 2 AR-15 (one firing 5.56 and one firing .223), and a Schmidt-Rubin (in .308 I believe). One of the Schmidt-Rubin's rounds did hit the quick link connector on the left side, but it didn't let go (although it will need to be cut off now). There was a round that hit on the back, I don't have an image of it, but we are guessing it was one of the AR's. I know I took a shot at it while it was swinging, but I had trouble hearing the sound of a hit between the other center fires and the 7 or so .22LR shooting at it. I want to thank Bob for the image.  :~

For the Birthday, we had three targets and three teams for Shoot the Butt off the Donkey. The one I am posting is from Team AR (the two AR, one being mine, shoot this target).  :---

Again, congrats to 3 Dogs on getting his green shoot boss hat.  ^:)^

Congrats to the young shooters for getting the RWVA Youth Patch, something I will never be able to get.  :'(

And a congrats for the RWVA staff that help put on the event, teaching each of the shooters, feeding us (for a fee of coruse  ;) ), and allowing us to have a fun weekend (even though it was sunny and hot on Saturday, but the clouds helped keep us cool on Sunday).  O0

Again, once I get the M1 videos posts, I will post links to them.

"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

AS.I.R

Sorry, having some issues uploading images. I will try and figure something out, or I will have to post each image with it's own post. The metal plate at least uploaded.

AS.I.R

Lets give this another try.

AS.I.R

MichGoBlue

Thanks a lot to the team for a great weekend.  Appleseed runs a class act. Both my son and I learned a lot!  By the end of the 2nd day, all I wanted to do was keep taking the AQT's. I got better and better. Especially after I figured out what we were doing and stopped shooting other targets. :slap: (sorry Charlie!) I will defiantly be going to another shoot.

Uncle Davey

That guy can't be all that bad....his forum name is Michgoblue!! Yeah buddy!
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

MichGoBlue

Quote from: Uncle Davey on August 21, 2014, 09:59:21 PM
That guy can't be all that bad....his forum name is Michgoblue!! Yeah buddy!
Go Blue!

Rascal21

All of our event photos are located on our FB page. Feel free to like us to see the current shoot schedule and browse through other Appleseed Information

https://www.facebook.com/MichiganProjectAppleseed

ruger rat

Let's try those pics. If it works, thanks to AS.I.R.for the help!  Yet another new thing learned.

3.Dogs

Love the pictures, and great videos of the M1s being shot.   O0

bkforge

Thanks for having us and supplying a loaner gun.  We both learned a bunch and had a great time doing so.....it's hard to keep a 10 year old focused.  Nice to see the pics and videos too.  Hope to see you guys soon.

Bill and Harrison

3.Dogs

Quote from: bkforge on August 26, 2014, 03:28:18 PM
Thanks for having us and supplying a loaner gun.  We both learned a bunch and had a great time doing so.....it's hard to keep a 10 year old focused.  Nice to see the pics and videos too.  Hope to see you guys soon.

Bill and Harrison
[/quote/]

Looking forward to seeing you and your son on the line next time your in Michigan.   O0