News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Beaver Falls, PA August 2-3, 2014

Started by EZ3, August 03, 2014, 09:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

The event at Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club this weekend featured some very wet weather and some very hot shooting.  An even dozen patriotic Americans came out to share a weekend of Heritage and Marksmanship, and they got free showers as a bonus!  On Saturday we were sharing the facilities with an Open House event aimed at acquainting state and local politicians with the shooting sports.  The Club kindly invited us to share in their barbeque on Saturday, and Heritage was presented with the authentic sounds of automatic weapons and CANNON firing in the background!  Put a little strain on the instructors to be heard over the gunfire, but the western PA/eastern OH crew was up to the task.  It wasn't until thunder and lightning (and buckets of rain) chased us off the range in the afternoon that the Appleseeders retired to the Clubhouse.

Sunday morning featured more nasty weather, but that gave us a chance to review the fundamentals presented on Saturday before venturing forth to burn up the Rifle range.  Five students earned their Rifleman patch.  Ken, Jeremy and Ethan (AKA "Roscoe") re-qualified and Klint and Mark both qualified at their first Appleseed event.  Dave and Dave, Jr. both came very close.  Kaci and Justus persevered throughout the weekend to earn the Young Patriot patch.  And on a final note of congratulations, bcurfman earned his Red Hat!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

PA10mm

It was a great weekend!

Congratulations bcurfman!

Became a Rifleman on April 20, 2014.

Invictus Maneo

Yet one more outstanding Appleseed at BVRPC. I have been attending Appleseeds at BVRPC since I started four years ago and it is always impressive and also greatly appreciated the care and maintenance that BVRPC continues to put into their ranges and facilities. Of course the most important one is the Porta-John, but the rest is great as well. Thank you for your support.

One of the best all-around Appleseeds I have ever participated in either as a student or instructor. Much improvement on EVERYONE"S part, great young people with very teachable attitudes, many families, oh and some outstanding scores and numerous Rifleman patches earned. I think some of these guys (Ken, Ethan and Jeremy) are collecting the whole set. They will have to come back in the winter though to complete their sets. I am also very impressed with the consistency these guys have shown over the course of the summer. Boy wouldn't they look good in Orange Hats???
Though Brian, Janna and Rob could only attend Saturday, they were troopers and kept great attitudes and a sense of humor even when laying in the mud and puddles. Mark and Kaci jumped the border from New York and added a great family duo to the weekend. Kaci showed tremendous improvement and Mark broke through with an outstanding score to qualify for his patch. Justus might be one of the most well behaved and pleasant young people I have met in some time. He was completely focused the entire weekend and shot some nice Redcoats. Klint brought his vast shooting experience to bear and earned his patch as well. He also shared much knowledge and I look forward to working again with him soon. Big And Lil' Dave showed great improvement and were pushing mighty close in the low 200's, I am sure they will both qualify soon. I was also very impressed with everyone's attitude during the Sunday morning time in the clubhouse. Great focus and intent on learning and getting better.

And doesn't Bruce look mighty dashing in his new RED HAT! Well deserved, you should be proud!
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."
- Mahatma Gandhi

�Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.�
- Ronald Reagan

�Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.�
- Plato

"My Son, Freedom is best, I tell thee true, of all things to be won."
- William Wallace

KenGilcrest

Congrats to Bruce.
I didn't realize that was happening.
He will be a great Shoot Boss.

I certainly had a good time and want to thank the instructors for a job well done.

I enjoy the BVRPC, it's a very nice facility. Thanks to them for hosting a great event.

I hope the pictures get posted.

Wheeler

Lee going over scores. More pics to follow...

Wheeler

Wheeler

Wheeler

Kaci and Justus receiving Youth patches for perseverance!