News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Spooner, WI July 26-27, 2014

Started by Taylor, July 28, 2014, 01:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

What a fantastic weekend at Indianhead Rifle and Pistol Club!  ^:)^

Seventeen Patriot students along with a supportive gallery of Patriot grandparents, parents and siblings learned the art of rifle marksmanship and most importantly heard our Nation's rich April 19th History and Heritage. O0

Thank you all for our best 2014 turn out yet here in Indianhead country!  :bow:

Two of our students are among Wisconsin's newest (and perhaps youngest first Appleseed) Riflemen. Congratulations to 13 year old Hunter (grandson of IRPC's Tim B) who scored 226 and 15 year old Tyler who came in at  210. :bow:

There was Rifleman potential shown up and down the line all weekend especially by Luke 17, Cora 15, Kristen 13, Larissa 17, Franz 15 and John 11. Persist so that I mght be the lucky RWVA Instructor to hand you your Rifleman patch. O0 And don't forget to bring some family and friends to that next Appleseed.  :)

My deeply felt personal thanks to Indianhead Rifle and Pistol Club for it's continuing support for Project Appleseed which goes back to those long-ago days when I was an AS student.  O0

Thank you Tim for the expertly-grilled lunch Saturday and Sunday.  :bow:

Much gratitude to Racine County Line Rifle Club and IRPC member Nate E who donated ammo for our youth students.  :~

Thank you Chris for making the trip down from Poplar and bringing three outstanding young Americans and John (an outstanding not quite so young American) with you. And thank you all for being Joyce and my guests Saturday night.  ^:)^

Thank you students for your teachable attitudes and safety consciousness all weekend.  :bow:

Thank you Grandpas and Moms and Dads who brought the outstanding young Patriots we had the honor of working with.  O0

Thank you AFTERMATH who came over from Wisconsin's northwest territory (AKA Minnesota) to run another outstanding LD component of our Appleseed.  O0

And finally my personal thanks to our entire Instructor crew...boscohurn, weaslewoods, Privateer, BugginOut and AFTERMATH. Without you all this event could not have happened.  O0 :bow: O0 :bow: O0 :bow:

Pictures following.

Mike/"Taylor"

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Taylor

More pics...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Last of my pics...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

RustyRed

cjcb

Taylor-

You guys rock! We had a great time and came home with new confidence in our ability to get the job done. Your crew was patient and the instruction was clear. Shooting is REALLY fun when you can consistently put rounds where you want them. My family (and our guest) wants more of this.

A great big shout out to AFTERMATH and BUGGINOUT for the KD instruction. You opened the eyes of a young man who was probably content to plink out to 50 yds to the realities of reaching out.

IRPC is simply a fantastic venue and I hope to have the pleasure of shooting there again.

Another fantastic job of making our heritage come alive. It never gets old to ponder the courage and wisdom of those who chose liberty over safety. You hit the button again. I have challenged my children to be able to tell of the choices made by those that chose to risk it all. Maybe one day soon you will be able to hear it from them.

What an event!

-Chris
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse. When a people are used as mere human instruments for firing cannon or thrusting bayonets, in the service and for the selfish purposes of a master, such war degrades a people. A war to protect other human beings against tyrannical injustice; a war to give victory to their own ideas of right and good, and which is their own war, carried on for an honest purpose by their free choice, â€" is often the means of their regeneration. A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. "

John Stuart Mill, Principles of Political Economy
(20 May 1806 - 8 May 1873) English philosopher and political economist

Privateer

My biggest & best event yet!  I hope never to see a Shoot Boss draw first blood on himself ever again !!  :wb: :wb: :wb: :wb:
Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor timid spirits that know niether victory nor defeat..... Teddy R.  Rough Riders

Liberty or Death,  There is NO try...... Patrick Henry Yoda

"An excellent example of what not to do"........  Positive Reinforcement by a Shoot Boss to an IIT....

"Every man dies, but not every man lives".......

Trig

Looks like another great event Thanks guys!!  O0
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Taylor

Quote from: cjcb on July 28, 2014, 10:58:01 PM
Taylor-

You guys rock! We had a great time and came home with new confidence in our ability to get the job done. Your crew was patient and the instruction was clear. Shooting is REALLY fun when you can consistently put rounds where you want them. My family (and our guest) wants more of this.

A great big shout out to AFTERMATH and BUGGINOUT for the KD instruction. You opened the eyes of a young man who was probably content to plink out to 50 yds to the realities of reaching out.

IRPC is simply a fantastic venue and I hope to have the pleasure of shooting there again.

Another fantastic job of making our heritage come alive. It never gets old to ponder the courage and wisdom of those who chose liberty over safety. You hit the button again. I have challenged my children to be able to tell of the choices made by those that chose to risk it all. Maybe one day soon you will be able to hear it from them.

What an event!

-Chris

Welcome to the forum cjcb and thank you on behalf of the instructors for the kind words.

Hope to see the cjcb contingent again soon.  O0

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

martin

Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Taylor

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Privateer

Quote from: Privateer on July 29, 2014, 02:52:49 AM
My biggest & best event yet!  I hope never to see a Shoot Boss draw first blood on himself ever again !!  :wb: :wb: :wb: :wb:

CJCB  Again on behalf of the instructors, Thank-you for the kind words.  It's folks like you & your family, friends and all the shooters we meet at the Appleseed events that are THE backbone of our country.  We can all make a difference, just like the Dangerous Old Men & Women.  Thanks for stepping up............. O0
Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor timid spirits that know niether victory nor defeat..... Teddy R.  Rough Riders

Liberty or Death,  There is NO try...... Patrick Henry Yoda

"An excellent example of what not to do"........  Positive Reinforcement by a Shoot Boss to an IIT....

"Every man dies, but not every man lives".......