News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO JULY 19-20, 2014-AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, July 23, 2014, 12:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

July in Sacramento can be toasty...Saturday was no exception to the rule. 

5 Americans, back for another Appleseed event. All of them....It was great to see familiar faces on the line.  Even better to see that they had not forgotten what they had learned at previous events.

The safety briefing over, Red coat shot, the fire hose turned on and we began what was a review for these shooters.  They were very, very focused and that focus paid off with nice small groups.

We broke for lunch and the telling of the 3 Strikes to a small but appreciative audience.

Back to the firing line after lunch to finish up the instruction and on to a couple AQT's.  Scores for the afternoon were in the 150's to 180's.  We took small breaks too keep every one hydrated, and a fun break of freezer pops cooled us all off a bit.   :)

Final Red Coat.

I had the pleasure of promoting one of my IIT's to Red Hat.  Vinnie...Congrats!!! :~ ..:..

Everyone showed up bright and early Sunday.  A very nice, pleasantly cool Sunday at that.  A system was passing through and brought a nice breeze and clouds and cooler temps.

After the safety review, Red Coat..two almost clear rounds....we reviewed Saturday's information.  Worked on fine tuning these shooters in position, npoa and etc.  On the first AQT of the day, Ben scored a 212.  As he and Tim were leaving right after lunch we got to present him with his patch at lunch...after hiding his aqt so he didn't know he even scored rifleman.   ::)

After lunch we went straight back to the aqt's and though the scores climbed no one else broke through the barrier to a rifleman patch.  Truman and Brett were very close.  180's for Truman and a couple 207's for Brett. 

A small break to "retire" Vinnie's orange hat in proper rifleman style...a couple AR15's and an M1A shot by the remaining three shooters, Brett, Truman, and Gilbert.  Vinnie, I think we can safely say it is retired...Gilbert actually shot the button off the hat with Neve's M1A! :--- :--- :---

Finished the day with the Red Coat, cleaned up and Brett asked to take an Orange Hat.  Welcome aboard the team Brett!

Hope to see you all again soon!!

Tim or Ben....What was the name of that book you showed me....I forgot to write it down... :slap:

Thank you all for helping us set up and tear down and clean up.  Many hands make light work.

Thank you to all my instructors for coming out and working hard to make sure the event ran safe and smooth as always.

Here's the list of your instructors names and forum names if you wish to contact them:

Laurie         NorCal22Gal      Shoot Boss
Joe         eaglescouter
Vinnie         Vinnie
Melissa      Melissa
Linda         Ducky
Mike         Neve

Vinnie

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

VIDEO:

Melissa

A hearty "huzzah" each for our new Rifleman (sweet shooting!), our new IIT (welcome aboard!), and our new Full Instructor (nice hat, Pa!). Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah!!  ^:)^

Thanks, Joe & Laurie, for making the trip once again and running another fantastic shoot; and thanks to instructors & shooters for another wonderful weekend.  :)

Melissa

NorCal22Gal

Thanks for the pictures Vinnie!!  Hope Paula and Doug come back to participate in an Appleseed now that they have a taste....  :)

Vinnie

Quote from: NorCal22Gal on July 23, 2014, 01:44:11 AM
Thanks for the pictures Vinnie!!  Hope Paula and Doug come back to participate in an Appleseed now that they have a taste....  :)
... I think that might just happen  ;)

Phattomato

Thanks everyone for the good time.

@NorCal22Gal: you're right, you did surprise me there with my score. I really did not think I was even that close. I really just wanted to get a baseline number to improve upon! Well, I guess I got that number! Next I'll work on getting a 250 score!

The book my father mentioned to you was:

The Day the American Revolution Began: 19 April 1775
William H. Hallahan, Author William Morrow & Company
ISBN 978-0-380-97616-4

Thanks again everyone for the good time and for your voluntary efforts! Keep up the good work!
--Ben

Vinnie

Quote from: Phattomato on July 23, 2014, 10:40:19 AM

@NorCal22Gal: you're right, you did surprise me there with my score. I really did not think I was even that close. I really just wanted to get a baseline number to improve upon! Well, I guess I got that number! Next I'll work on getting a 250 score!

The book my father mentioned to you was:

The Day the American Revolution Began: 19 April 1775
William H. Hallahan, Author William Morrow & Company
ISBN 978-0-380-97616-4

Thanks again everyone for the good time and for your voluntary efforts! Keep up the good work!
--Ben

CONGRATS, Ben!! ... and Welcome to the Forum!

BerettA-C

Congrats Ben on your score and thanks for the literature insight, & cool story about your family!

Congrats to Vinnie, you're amazing teacher, store teller, patriot...

Congrats Norcal22Gal, as an educator and superviser of educators I'm fully aware and amazed of the great job you do.

Thanks to the "cadre" of Sacto. You guys are amazing! Now, if If I can put one more through the right hole (don't call me Mr. 207).

I'm not sure I asked for the orange hat, or it was thrust upon me! eaglescouter's a great salesman and I've bought into the appleseed trail. Whatever it is, I'm excited!!!

See ya'all at Hat Creek KD!

Bret
Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Vinnie