News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A Riflemen fires every shot "rapid." How does this work in AQT stage 1 and 4?

Started by cyclingbob, July 20, 2014, 01:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyclingbob

Hi to All,

Preparing for North Berwick Rod and Gun Shoot on September 13, 2014

I have read through "How to Fire the Shot" and have a question on "rapid fire."  What is "rapid fire"  definition  and tactical use for the AQT?

Would rapid fire after NPOA  be "Breathe, exhale, fire....Breathe, exhale, fire... ?

I can understand rapid fire in Stages 2 and 3 where you have 55 seconds and 65 seconds and little time remaining after NPOA and mag changes.

For AQT Stages 1 and 4 with plenty of time to fire how does "rapid fire" apply?

Thanks a bunch.

Cheers

Bob

George Hacker

Quote from: cyclingbob on July 20, 2014, 01:16:51 PM
Would rapid fire after NPOA  be "Breathe, exhale, fire....Breathe, exhale, fire... ?

You got it. Rapid fire = rifleman's cadence. Most of the time spent on stage 4 is finding and confirming your NPOA. Once it is found, then there is 3-5 seconds between each shot. Same holds for stage 1 (with some time for resting your upper body between strings of 3-5 shots).

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: cyclingbob on July 20, 2014, 01:16:51 PM
Hi to All,

Preparing for North Berwick Rod and Gun Shoot on September 13, 2014

I have read through "How to Fire the Shot" and have a question on "rapid fire."  What is "rapid fire"  definition  and tactical use for the AQT?

I can understand rapid fire in Stages 2 and 3 where you have 55 seconds and 65 seconds and little time remaining after NPOA and mag changes.

For AQT Stages 1 and 4 with plenty of time to fire how does "rapid fire" apply?

Thanks a bunch.

Cheers

Bob

We define "rapid fire" as one well-aimed shot with each in/out breathing cycle.  Breathe in, breathe out (lungs now empty; begin trigger squeeze)...(natural respiratory pause of a couple seconds)...BANG!  Repeat with every breath.  This is what we call Rifleman's Cadence.   

For stage 4, we recommend that you take plenty of time to shift and verify your natural point of aim, and then fire at each individual silhouette at Rifleman's Cadence (i.e. rapid fire).  So ideally on stage 4 you will take approximately 4:30 to shift and verify NPOA, and about 30 seconds total to actually shoot the four silhouettes.

Stage 1 is a slightly different animal, as we recommend that you break NPOA and rest after every couple rounds.  I can't honestly say that I always fire one round with each breathing cycle on stage 1.  I slightly modify my breathe/squeeze cycle to time it so that the shot breaks as my front sight is moving off the white and onto the black.  If my sight is going from black to white I might slightly extend my pause a second or two, or even take an additional breath.

I hope that helps.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

cyclingbob

ShadowMan and UL

Thanks very much for the swift reply.

Great answers and now understand rapid fire for all stages.

I appreciate your help.

Cheers!

Bob