News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Need Assistance: NRA Youth Camp : Bloomington, IL July 24 - 27: SOLD OUT

Started by Mutti, June 18, 2014, 05:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutti

We have a youth opportunity coming up in a couple of weeks in Bloomington, Illinois.   Darnall's Gun Works  & Ranges are holding their 20th annual NRA Youth Shooters Camp July 24 - 27.

The NRA Youth Shooting Camp at Darnall's is the longest-running NRA Youth Shooting Camp in the nation....and they have decided to give Appleseed Saturday and Sunday to instruct the Rifle Line.

What's needed:
  Roughly 8-12 rifle instructors to help five groups of 28-30 shooters each over Saturday and Sunday only.  We will have approximately 2:00 - 2:15 hours each "session". 

Anyone who is available is welcome to come help instruct.  Camping is available for those who choose to come in Friday night. Food will be provided Saturday & Sunday along with the opportunity to tell Young Patriot History and possibly a LibertySeed Saturday night.

Equipment / Loaners would help to standardize the line if available.

Please contact Mutti or Steck  with the Days, Day or Partial Day you will be able to assist.

Come be part of this :

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

connibear

was just curious to know, since all the "liability" stuff is going on and have not heard from national on any guidelines to these events, will you be adding this to the schedule as Fred suggests and will there be liability waivers from RWVA?
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Mutti

1) It is on the Schedule
2) Liability Waivers (both the NRA and RWVA's) will be completed

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

connibear

......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Mutti

BTT:

We currently have 12 and could use a few more. 25-30 Youth per 2.5 hr Session will provide approx. 3 : 1 Instructor / Student ratio.

If anyone can work Saturday, Sunday or partial days that would be helpful.

Reminder : The NRA Volunteer form can be found here to ensure Darnall's knows how many to include for meal Planning, etc. : http://darnalls.com/CAMP/2014/camp.html

Imadentist, RiflesNReins and I will be car-pooling up Friday Evening to help prepare the line / Station - and would love a Pre-Event dinner. Bring advice on Camping - RnR and I have 2 Cots - I think she is planning on taking lots of "Mutti can't Camp" photos  %). Could be interesting...

Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)