News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cheshire, OR July 12, 2014 AAR

Started by Prescott, July 13, 2014, 04:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

We had a great second event in Cheshire, OR at the Stroda Christmas Tree farm on Saturday.

Eight patriots showed up to learn some rifle marksmanship skills and get reunited with the heritage of our country.   I would especially like to thank Wes for working with the Stroda's and the fine people Junction City / Harrisburg to be able to put on these events.

We had an exceptionally warm day for this event, with the temperature topping out at 93 degrees.   We had limited amounts of shade, so most the participants where is the sun for the majority of the day.   We did have a little of afternoon fade, so we had an extended afternoon story time to give everyone the chance to rest.

I had a very enjoyable time, spending the day at the Stroda Tree Farm.  The morning Red Coat scores showed that the instructors had their work cut of for them, as 5 out of 8 participants were unqualified.   Some of the low scores were due to equipment issues, and we were able to get them all fixed throughout the morning.   The remaining shooters all showed great improvement in their marksmanship fundamentals by the end of the day.   The shot groups kept getting smaller and more accurate.

We did not have any new rifleman, but Justin shot a 207 and will surely get his patch at the next event he attends.   His groups were great all day, but he threw a few points on stage 4, and will be able to pick them up with a little bit more practice.

Everyone will do better with some dry fire practice at home, and getting used to the SHF on the comfort of the living room carpet.   Remember to read all of the literature you were provided as it will reinforce the fundamentals you were taught.

I am looking forward to the next event at the Stroda Tree Farm and I am looking forward to seeing you all again.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln