News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Columbia Falls, MT June 21-22 2014

Started by lumberjack55, June 23, 2014, 12:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack55

We had awesome sunny weather, temps in the 70s, clear and gorgeous!
9 shooters came out on Saturday and 10 on Sunday, all were very teachable and made great strides in improving their marksmanship.  All but one shooter was a first time Appleseed attendee, so the instruction and the history covered new material for all, and made for a fun and enjoyable weekend, with some new appreciation for the choices, actions, and sacrifices of the founding generation.  We even got a new Rifleman out of the weekend, with Mike scoring a 217, and only a one-day Applseed to his credit prior...we hope to see him on the line again, and consider taking up an orange hat and going down the instructor trail.  We had another shooter, Travis, get within striking distance with a 205.  He and other shooters were getting very close by the end of Sunday, and we look forward to several more Riflemen in the near future.  Many thanks to Steve and Todd, for thei very competent instruction and attention to safety, and thanks to Todd, advancing to IIT1.  Also, special note about our youth shooters, who accounted very well of them selves, displaying great improvements in their skill and with good attention to safety.

Pictures to follow this post, if you took some too, please post them here!

lumberjack55

The pics Jared took.

lumberjack55

more from jared

ToddClark

Pictures from Todd

ToddClark

More pics from Todd

ToddClark

Pics

ToddClark

Last of them

peterlandsiedel

Looks like things went swimmingly in C-Falls, as always. Wish I could've been there. Nice work everyone.

How was working your first shoot Todd?

ToddClark

Sorry you couldn't make it Peter. I loved every moment of it and can't wait to do more. I've signed up for the next GF shoot as well as the next C Falls one. Depending on timing, I may even try to make an out of state one before the September shoots. Being left handed and trying to demonstrate right handed turned out to be entertaining, but it worked out. Working on presenting The Story now. That's going to be the hardest part for me, but I'm passionate about it so that will help.

peterlandsiedel

Quote from: ToddClark on June 24, 2014, 07:01:16 PM
Sorry you couldn't make it Peter. I loved every moment of it and can't wait to do more. I've signed up for the next GF shoot as well as the next C Falls one. Depending on timing, I may even try to make an out of state one before the September shoots. Being left handed and trying to demonstrate right handed turned out to be entertaining, but it worked out. Working on presenting The Story now. That's going to be the hardest part for me, but I'm passionate about it so that will help.

Glad to hear it! I shoot lefty as well. Demo-ing right handed just feels so... wrong. The Story gets easier and easier to tell. The only way to get better at telling it is by, well, telling it. I'm sure you'll do great. I hope to see you at a shoot soon!