News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palmerton PA June 7-8 2014 AAR

Started by StevenK, June 10, 2014, 01:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenK

Palmerton PA June 7-8 2014:

StevenK was testing for SBIT2 under Chainsaw at this event.

The weather?   Perfect
Wind conditions  - 0
Happiness Factor: 10

Palmerton Shoot - June 7-8, 2014 This weekend was additionally fun filled as there was camping with several AS'rs, the instructors, and their families. Everyone gathered around the fire pit and charred mammal flesh...There was an energetic presence of many young shooters; these   did well on the line-off the line these exuberant young people also gave great life to the camping party [in the fields across the street from the range]. The young people ran around (as young people do), roasted marshmallows, burned things in the camp fire, rode a bike (while armed with an empty wooden stock on a sling) and two of the young ladies, in the best of "Little Rascals" tradition, did an "Appleseed" show with cartwheels and dancing. All the old folks like myself sat by a good campfire and ate well, got acquainted, watched the events, then had Smores followed by good coffee. Next - all of us dragged off to our tents for sleep and prep for day two.
Many thanks to all the shooters (See photos) who persevered through some noteworthy heat and maintained a good attitude throughout the event. We drank a lot of water! The good spirit lasted all weekend - many of the shooters even joined one another in singing songs while cleaning the brass off the field at the end of day two. You were all terrific and truly worked hard to grasp the volume of information that AS passes along. We had several sharpshooters emerge, and some great looking COFs; Persevere, because next time you will be closer to the 210 Aqt. Congratulations to Igor- he did clear the Red Coat on Day One and so emerged as our Honorary 1st PA Rifleman of the weekend. Still, others are not very far behind...
We especially appreciate that Jesse 0, IIT2 signed up to shoot this date, even on his Birthday; we brought him out to sing Happy Birthday; i think he is 25 (or so he said)...
I also appreciated the IITs who gave their weekend, their time, and their own dedication to this event. IITs Jesse, Angelo, and Melissa work well together, even in the heat, and all helped with the line. All these IITs were in the dirt with the students all day long. Good work there, certainly. I was also impressed that all three of you stepped forward to tell the "three strikes."
Photos: 
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203825894950134&set=pcb.726808257376459&type=1&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203825895830156&set=gm.726808257376459&type=1&theater